Vision of the Seas/Mexican Riviera Questions

jenjes3

Wow..Again, I love all these replies! Thank you for all the points about Pride vs. Vision.. Still doing my research.. will be going in October 2006 so I have some time. There will be no kids with us. My two daughters are both in college. For years, we took them. They both love cruises.

Another question.. how long of a ride to San Pedro Cruise Port from Los Angeles Airport? How much is cab ride? or shuttle? We usually always do our own transportation..

Thanks again everyone..

Karen

Wow..Again, I love all these replies! Thank you for all the points about Pride vs. Vision.. Still doing my research.. will be going in October 2006 so I have some time. There will be no kids with us. My two daughters are both in college. For years, we took them. They both love cruises.

Another question.. how long of a ride to San Pedro Cruise Port from Los Angeles Airport? How much is cab ride? or shuttle? We usually always do our own transportation..

Thanks again everyone..

Karen

Karen we flew out of Long Beach last week.......saved over $350 by not using LAX.......see if that is an option for you.......much easier airport.

But there was a sign on the taxi we took to Long Beach airport that said to LAX was a flat fee of $38 plus a $2.50 charge for all taxi's starting out of LAX........

hope that helps.

Jim

Thanks again everyone..

Karen

It's about 30 minutes from LAX to San Pedro - about $25 total plus tip by cab or about $15pp by shuttle. Long Beach is a little more pricey, but it's another 10 minutes further.

My husband and I are avid scuba divers and tend to favor more "active" activities. There was virtually no difference in shipboard activities offered by either, but the Pride is a little bigger and has more pool and deck space and a larger, better equipped workout area. The Vision has a geat indoor pool area (The Solarium) great on days when it's cold. The service in the dining room was a little better on Vision of the Seas, but I thought the food in the dining room was better on the Pride.

One big issue for us was time spent in port - I thought the Pride made better use of the time, since we didn't have to scramble to get back on the ship.

I am hosting a volleyball group of 70 competative players in February 2006, and collectively as a group, we chose the Pride (we could have chosen either ship - price was virtually the same). For people booked into suites on either ship, you'll find the cabins to be very comfortable. But when it came to lower end cabins, the Pride won hands down. Both ships spend three days at sea - on a more port intensive itinerary, you spend little time in your cabin. But on a cruise with two consecutive days at sea, trust me when I say, your stateroom choice does matter somewhat more. No one ever spends a lot of time in their rooms, especially when traveling with a group fo friends, but if it's just you and you husband, a larger, well equipped cabin is definitely an added plus. And the nice thing about the Pride, you'll find even the least expensive inside rooms to be large and comfortable, not to mention well equipped.

I personally liked both ships, but there are some differences worth considering. Which ever one you decide to take, I'm sure you will be pleased.

Hi everyone.. one more question.. I am reading there is a time difference.... for 2 of the ports. I believe you maybe loosing 1 hour on each port. Is this right? How long do you have at these ports with the time change? Is it enough time to see what you want or relax on beach and do some shopping?

Still don't know if I am better off booking middle of October around our anniversary or waiting for slighlty less humid weather at a later date in November?

Suggestions?

Thank you again

Archived