Mini suite or balcony? the Jewel

Trellaine

What's the difference between a mini suite and balcony? Both mid ship? On The Jewel.

Is it worth and upgrade? First time cruiser .

Thank you.

Balcony has a shower and mini suite has a bathtub with shower

Mid-Ship Balcony

These Norwegian Jewel mid-ship staterooms sleep up to three guests and come with two lower beds that convert into a queen-size bed and a convertible sofa pulls out to sleep two more. Also includes a sitting area and floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open to a private balcony with a great view. Because they are mid-ship, you'll have easy access to everything on board.

Accommodates: 3

Total Approx. Size: 205 sq. ft.

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

With room for up to four guests, you'll love these Mini-Suites. Includes two lower beds that convert into a queen-size bed as well as a sitting area, luxury bath with shower, additional bedding to sleep two additional guests and a private balcony with a great view. Because it's a mid-ship suite, you'll have easy access to everything on board

Accommodates: 2-4

Total Approx. Size: 285 sq. ft.

Edited by Orleanscruiser

Be careful. The mini suites are located on Deck 11, under the public spaces of Deck 12, many of them noisy. They also have a tub/shower combination (not a stall shower). The tub is quite high, so it's a big step to get into and out of to shower. (And imho the tub is too narrow for most adults to use comfortably as a tub.)

Personally, we pick balconies on Deck 10; cabins above and below. Never been interested in the mini suites. Please also be aware that, despite the name, the mini suites are not suites and have no suite perks.

Enjoy whatever you decide!

If there are just two of you I'd go for the balcony due to the location. I think that the extra room isn't of a huge benefit for just two.

However, if you are a family then be aware that access to the balcony is extremely difficult if the sofa bed is being used. For me, this is the biggest issue with the balcony, and the reason why we generally go for the mini suites on these ships.

If picking a mini suite then, as stated above, be careful where you are. There are lots which are fine, but some locations can be a real problem due to noise from above. Balconies are generally safer in this respect.

If you can swing it, get an aft one.

If there are just two of you I'd go for the balcony due to the location. I think that the extra room isn't of a huge benefit for just two.

However, if you are a family then be aware that access to the balcony is extremely difficult if the sofa bed is being used. For me, this is the biggest issue with the balcony, and the reason why we generally go for the mini suites on these ships.

That's true. Our consideration too.

If picking a mini suite then, as stated above, be careful where you are. There are lots which are fine, but some locations can be a real problem due to noise from above. Balconies are generally safer in this respect.

If you can swing it, get an aft one.

As its my first cruise I am a bit worried about the aft facing balcony due to possible movement at the back of the ship? Not that I have ever had any issues with a large vessel which I have taken from Vancouver to different islands.