Help with Early Saver Change Fees

ChrisCJSU

I'll be glad to take my future business to a company that actually cares about their customers. Talking to the agents and supervisors yesterday painted a clear message that Carnival does not care about their customers.

Book your next NCL cruise with their IX OX BX MX Sailaway Guarantee Rates which are a usually a couple of hundred $$s per person less than their standard rates.

Then talk to an NCL agent and ask them to include one of their highly promoted Free At Sea choices like Free Gratuities or UBP Beverage Package or Free Specialty Dining or Internet with your X Guaratee booking fare.

Spoiler: Its not gonna happen

Then report the results back here about how much more NCL cares about their customers than Carnival.

CCL's Early Saver has it's unique restrictions, terms and conditions. NCL's Free At Sea has theirs.

I chose this cruise because of its port location and I wanted to try the Carnival brand. My opinion is that Carnival tries extremely hard to force you to pick the lowest price (the early saver price in this case) and bury the details about change fees in the fine print. I've never had a bad NCL cruise. Yes you may pay more but you do get what you pay for. I'll be glad to take my future business to a company that actually cares about their customers. Talking to the agents and supervisors yesterday painted a clear message that Carnival does not care about their customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carnival does nothing of the sort. It's all right there when you book. You have options. They provide them. If you don't read, pay attention and understand what you're booking that doesn't give you a pass on the ramifications. Because they will not give you that "Oh we're sorry you didn't read what you were agreeing to" pass doesn't make them a company that doesn't care about their customers.

When will the attitude of "I'm a victim!" end?

If you think NCL actually cares about it's customer (any more than Carnival does), you obviously haven't sailed with them recently or read the boards. The venom being spread about changes, fees and horrible customer service is enough to kill a herd of elephants.

You'll get no sympathy from anyone here.

Edited by StolidCruiser

We recently had to change our cruise because we really wanted to go out of a different port. I knew I would have to pay the $50 per person fee because it was not a future cruise, but was the same date. I knew the rules and sucked it up. But I got the new one at a great price and I've also made up $50 so far in OBC since I booked early saver again. I see it as a consequence of your choices and make the best of it and have fun.

you have early saver.... why not call NCL and ask them a week before you cruise to lower their price to match a new sale they are showing... good luck with customer service.

With early saver, you will find that Carnival will be more than happy to lower your price to match any sale price (up until 48 hours I think)

See how good customer service on NCL is a week before... definitely let us know how that works out for you with the great NCL customer service

Edited by hftmrock

I've booked ES and paid the penalty before, no I didn't beg for them to waive the fee. I paid the $150 for the 3 of us, that's part of the booking. Why should they make an exception for you, as you can see they didn't make an exception for the rest of us and we are loyal cruisers.

My best advice is if you are that upset already don't rebook, stick with NCL because you've already made up your mind you aren't going to be happy with Carnival so do yourself and everyone else a favor and go on a cruise that is going to make you happy. Don't go on one with a grudge and a bad attitude, even you'll ruin everyones trip. Take the loss and book a vacation everyone will enjoy.

Most of the time ES only saves a few dollars at initial booking. It's the price drops that save you money. My April cruise I'm not booked ES because I may have to make changes so I paid an extra $40 and booked PG. That $40 is a lot cheaper than the $200 it would cost me to make any changes to my booking for the 4 of us going this time. My October cruise I'm booked ES even though the room I have won't get any price drops because it's sold out, I wont' be making any changes and that was the lowest fare. It's my job to research the rates and know my situation. Not Carnivals.