Flight delay

I think you may be right WCM I don't think they are any different from the good old days. Perhaps we have to stand back and say that they cannot compensate without fully investigating all claim's as in the end any costs are recovered from pricing which is us. I just know I am right this time and will pursue it all the way which I have only had to do once in the past which went to court. Bottom line it will not stop me booking with them again.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Happy New Year Pensioncruiser, all the best for 2017.

Is there much involved investigating a flight delay claim ?

If the aircraft is delayed the requisite length of time for compensation purposes and you are a named passenger on the manifest list - then it's a routine administrative exercise I would expect.

I just think Thomson have a default position where they try to deflect complaints etc. as a standard operating procedure.

Thanks for you good wishes WeeCountryMan lets hope we all have a great New year.

The complicated part of our claim is all in the timing and the definition of 'arrival time' Thomson say we arrived two mins inside the three hours based on a 'wheels on tarmac' time (and I agree with that time) which would have been ok in 2004 when the regulation came out but in September 2014 a court ruling was made to clarify landing time and it was given as and I quote

'to determine the length of the delay to which passengers on a flight have been subjected, refers to the time at which at least one of the doors of the aircraft is opened, the assumption being that, at that moment, the passengers are permitted to leave the aircraft' .

So at the moment I am attempting to convince them that it takes more than two mins to stop the plane, taxi, park and attach before opening the door. So if anyone has timing at Birmingham or check when they next go it would be most helpful.

The CAA and BHX confirm touch down time but inform me they have no information of doors open time and that time is provided by the carrier (Thomson). The CAA will no longer handle this type of case.

So as you can see if it was well over the three hours I would not have this problem.

Bit long winded but think it explains;)

• 2 months later...

Glad you have won pc hope they don't hang around paying you out waiting for the euro to go up as Ryanair did with us .

Conceded when the Euro was at 108 eventually paying us out at 122 not a big difference but it was annoying as we claimed for 11 passengers .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we leave the EU we can keep what laws we want and get rid of those we don't - which hopefully will be lots of the stupid ones people who have nothing better to do than tell us we have to buy straight bananas🍌🍌🍌

When we leave the EU we can keep what laws we want and get rid of those we don't - which hopefully will be lots of the stupid ones people who have nothing better to do than tell us we have to buy straight bananas🍌🍌🍌

Indeed we will be be to decide which legislation we want to keep, but if it is EU-wide then surely it will have to be negotiated for us to keep? That will include things like flight delays, which is EU legislation.

Oh, and the straight banana thing was never an EU law! It's a 'euromyth'.

Has anyone on here claimed flight delay Palma to Manchester please? Don't know the flight date. I had a cheque for flight delay and have never flown to Manchester and have never claimed flight delay. Email had my details and the reference number for my Celebration cruise in January 2016. I banked the cheque for safety while enquiries were made about how they had my details for a claim. System error linked someone else's claim to me by the sounds of it. I sent them a cheque back but they cannot accept personal cheques, so money still in my bank account while they work out how I can pay them it back.

I was only joking lol

I know VS - being a proud Lancastrian, my favourite euromyth was about Yorkshire rhubarb having to have less than x degree of bend! I can only imagine the consternation ...

Anyway, I'm really pleased the compo came through for PC.

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere else but I don't think it's landing time but the time that the aircraft arrives at the gate .

My son thought he had missed out on compensation by a few minutes for a delayed flight from Portugal to the UK then discovered its gate arrival time that is used and hence he qualified and got his money .

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere else but I don't think it's landing time but the time that the aircraft arrives at the gate .

My son thought he had missed out on compensation by a few minutes for a delayed flight from Portugal to the UK then discovered its gate arrival time that is used and hence he qualified and got his money .

No brinny that is incorrect its when the first door is opened on the aircraft (new regs from 2014)its a time that is not recorded by anyone but the passengers as I said I will post full details later;p

Of course that was just another euro myth :D

Mmm! must read all the posts :o

That's right pc it's when the first door is opened because that's when the control of the plane transfers to the airport authorities .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The court ruling actually says its because the passengers are free to go on their way[emoji1]

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app

Can only coment on the knowledge I have accumulated on my case, the only time stamps are provided by the Captain of the flight when his wheel's hit tarmac with no independent check's as you say he hands over when door is opened but that time is not recorded. I don't profes to have a great knowledge of airport working but am hoping when I do finally give a full report it may just help someone I do fully understand that you probably have a vast knowledge of these things but not all of us do and I am not trying to compete just pass on my experiences.

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app