Specialty restaurant menus for Dawn Bermuda 10/7

rphrabbit

Ok, sorry if I sound ignorant here, but I've just booked an NCL cruise and I'm confused. The menus above all have a la carte prices (except for Teppanyaki).

I thought the specialty restaurants charged a flat price. Is that not the case?

The only experience I have with a cruise specialty restaurant was the steak house on the Carnival Breeze a few years ago. I think it was around $30 per person, but we could order anything we wanted, as much as we wanted for that price. (And they even threw in a bottle of wine if you went to the steakhouse on embarkation night.)

Looking at the menus posted here, it doesn't appear to be the same on NCL. How does it work if you take the dining package promo when you book your cruise?

Can someone help clear this up for me? Thanks!

Becky

Ok, sorry if I sound ignorant here, but I've just booked an NCL cruise and I'm confused. The menus above all have a la carte prices (except for Teppanyaki).

I thought the specialty restaurants charged a flat price. Is that not the case?

The only experience I have with a cruise specialty restaurant was the steak house on the Carnival Breeze a few years ago. I think it was around $30 per person, but we could order anything we wanted, as much as we wanted for that price. (And they even threw in a bottle of wine if you went to the steakhouse on embarkation night.)

Looking at the menus posted here, it doesn't appear to be the same on NCL. How does it work if you take the dining package promo when you book your cruise?

Can someone help clear this up for me? Thanks!

Becky

If you have a Specialty Dining Package (whether paid or as a promo) you can go to the restaurants and order whatever you like without having to worry about the a la carte pricing. The exception to this is that you are limited to one entree item, but are free to order as many appetizers or desserts as you like.

You will not be seeing any free bottles of wine for going to a specialty on the first night. That is a thing of the past on NCL.

Enjoy your cruise.

Rochelle

If you have a Specialty Dining Package (whether paid or as a promo) you can go to the restaurants and order whatever you like without having to worry about the a la carte pricing. The exception to this is that you are limited to one entree item, but are free to order as many appetizers or desserts as you like.

Rochelle

Rochelle is correct. You can only order 1 entree. You will get an itemized bill at the end of the meal, but it will be zeroed out. The bill allows you to add an extra gratuity, if you like, for excellent service. Just remember that your cruise fare already included the gratuity for the "free" specialty dining package.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know what the cost is for 2 to go to the new Mexican restaurant on Dawn? We have plans for the western caribbean in March, 2017, so I was just wondering.

Maryellen

Post #5 above has the menu and the prices (they are ala carte unless you purchase a dining package).

Does anyone happen to know if the "Veuve Clicquot" 3oz tasting glass ($12) at Le Bistro is covered under the UBP? I see it's under the $15 limit, but I seem to recall reading somewhere it wouldn't be covered. I hope I'm wrong.

Cheers and thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone happen to know if the "Veuve Clicquot" 3oz tasting glass ($12) at Le Bistro is covered under the UBP? I see it's under the $15 limit, but I seem to recall reading somewhere it wouldn't be covered. I hope I'm wrong.

Cheers and thanks :)

Unfortunately it is not covered. :(

Rochelle

I was a little disappointed with the new menus. The only thing that appealed to me was the beef tenderloin/filet. I wish they had a good chicken entree or pork like they used too. Don't get me wrong. The tenderloin was delicious but we had 6 out of seven nights in these restaurants. Steak got a little old.we are platinum so we won't do the dining package next time since we get two nights in lebistro or lacucina. They also did away with the chicken Parmesan in lacucina. Next time we will go to the main dining room or o'sheehans more.

I