Be careful when booking B2B cruises

BlueLadyBlue

So happy that it turned out so well for you. There are so many people on cruise critic with so much good information that they share. I am addicted to it. My dh says my favourite part of cruising is the months leading up to the cruise and my involvement on cc sites.:);)

So happy that it turned out so well for you. There are so many people on cruise critic with so much good information that they share. I am addicted to it. My dh says my favourite part of cruising is the months leading up to the cruise and my involvement on cc sites.:);)

Too true! This is a great site. It's saved us a pile of money over the years so thanks again to everyone.

I am right there with you! I enjoy the research part almost as much as the cruise itself. :)

Rochelle

There is a recent thread about missing the muster drill - you should check it out, because I recall that there was someone in a similar situation. They thought that they were exempt from the 2nd drill, however they weren't technically on a B2B, so they were flagged for having missed the drill and required to take it again.

It was more than $300 cheaper to book as two cruises, plus we used 2 next cruises on each 7 day cruise, so we saved an additional $250 by booking 2 cruises. PCC put us in the same cabin both legs, so it has the same affect of not having to do a second life boat drill.

PCC put us in the same cabin both legs, so it has the same affect of not having to do a second life boat drill.

There is a recent thread about missing the muster drill - you should check it out, because I recall that there was someone in a similar situation. They thought that they were exempt from the 2nd drill, however they weren't technically on a B2B, so they were flagged for having missed the drill and required to take it again.

Exactly. Staying in the same cabin or not has nothing to do with having to attend the second muster drill. I've been on B2Bs purchased as combined itineraries and it has been random whether we needed to attend or not.

Exactly. Staying in the same cabin or not has nothing to do with having to attend the second muster drill. I've been on B2Bs purchased as combined itineraries and it has been random whether we needed to attend or not.

We were told on the Sun that the second muster was not required because we were in the same cabin, but if we had changed cabins it would be required to learn the new meeting point for the second cruise by attending the muster.

We were told on the Sun that the second muster was not required because we were in the same cabin, but if we had changed cabins it would be required to learn the new meeting point for the second cruise by attending the muster.

Sure, if you move between muster stations, you obviously need to attend to the muster drill also at the new muster station. But one could still change cabins without changing muster stations and still it'd be random if they need to attend to the second drill or not.

All I'm saying that staying in the same cabin is not the decisive factor with attending muster drills. :)