12 night NZ cruise out of Sydney

Erikamac

I haven't looked up your exact itinerary but we did a sailing from Sydney around NZ ending in Auckland and absolutely loved it. I see you also posted about an Asian cruise as well. We've done that one as well and they're totally different. Loved both.

Asia was a much busier cruise for us compared to a more laid back cruising experience of New Zealand. Asia was much more congested and often long days traveling to see amazing sights wheras when we were in New Zealand it was so peaceful with amazing scenery, great wine and friendly people.

I haven't looked up your exact itinerary but we did a sailing from Sydney around NZ ending in Auckland and absolutely loved it. I see you also posted about an Asian cruise as well. We've done that one as well and they're totally different. Loved both.

Asia was a much busier cruise for us compared to a more laid back cruising experience of New Zealand. Asia was much more congested and often long days traveling to see amazing sights wheras when we were in New Zealand it was so peaceful with amazing scenery, great wine and friendly people.

I'm liking the wine part...we love wine and I've always wanted to go to Australia NZ. This one starts in Sydney and ends in Auckland. The Asia one starts in Singapore I believe and ends in HK.

I'm liking the wine part...we love wine and I've always wanted to go to Australia NZ. This one starts in Sydney and ends in Auckland. The Asia one starts in Singapore I believe and ends in HK.

If you decide to do the NZ cruise, go to Sydney for a few days pre cruise. We actually flew into Cairns for a bit and snorkeled the GBR, then flew to Brisbane to explore the city and the Gold Coast for a few days of beach then flew down to Sydney. While in Sydney we had an absolutely fabulous wine excursion into the Hunter Valley with a sommelier and wine maker.

We loved both trips but they were totally different holidays. I guess you have to decide what type of vacation you want. We had an incredible private guide for 3 days in Beijing on our Asia cruise. The only thing I regret with that trip was not flying off to see the Terra Cotta Warriers post cruise.

IMHO the snorkeling at the GBR paled in comparison to what we did when we cruised in the South Pacific in the Cook Islands and Tonga.

Edited by coldweathergirl
Add final sentence

If you decide to do the NZ cruise, go to Sydney for a few days pre cruise. We actually flew into Cairns for a bit and snorkeled the GBR, then flew to Brisbane to explore the city and the Gold Coast for a few days of beach then flew down to Sydney. While in Sydney we had an absolutely fabulous wine excursion into the Hunter Valley with a sommelier and wine maker.

We loved both trips but they were totally different holidays. I guess you have to decide what type of vacation you want. We had an incredible private guide for 3 days in Beijing on our Asia cruise. The only thing I regret with that trip was not flying off to see the Terra Cotta Warriers post cruise.

Would love to snorkel the GBR...what time of year did you go and where did you stay? Were the seas rough to get to it...how far do you travel to get to the snorkeling...

Would love to snorkel the GBR...what time of year did you go and where did you stay? Were the seas rough to get to it...how far do you travel to get to the snorkeling...

We stayed at the Hilton in Cairns but booked a day excursion with Wavelength Reef Cruises to snorkel. They were an excellent company. Small groups, great food, and very safety conscious. We snorkeled several different areas. We arranged for them to provide transportation for us to and from our hotel to Port Douglas to snorkel.

We went mid November and the seas were good.

We found flights within Australia to be very reasonable.