What To Do With Your Stuff While at the Beach?

sjmbruce

I'll be cruising to Cabo San Lucas. I want to take a water taxi to Medano beach, but take a short detour to do some sight seeing and picture taking of places like the arch. So we'll have a small camera with us as well as our ship cards when we get to the beach.

What do you do with your stuff while at the beach?

I'd get a small waterproof bag and keep it with me. I wouldn't leave anything you don't want to lose on the beach when you are in the water.

Everything we take is able to get wet - ship's cards & credit cards are plastic. Cash can also get wet. A vendor may not like wet cash, but I'll bet they'll take it when you're buying. My husband puts his in the pocket in his swim trunks and I use a time-honored place of concealment for ladies :rolleyes:

Camera - I have a waterproof one that's always on my wrist in or out of the water. Same with my sunglasses - I'm wearing them as they're prescription.

Towels/books I don't worry about.

I'll be cruising to Cabo San Lucas. I want to take a water taxi to Medano beach, but take a short detour to do some sight seeing and picture taking of places like the arch. So we'll have a small camera with us as well as our ship cards when we get to the beach.

What do you do with your stuff while at the beach?

Hi

Much like Shmoo I would try to bring an underwater camera. There will be good snorkeling there. For the other few things of value, like money (not a lot), credit card, cabin card, I.D...there are many small waterproof pouches/cases that can be hung around the neck or wrist.

Another well worn method of concealing valuables is to discretely dig a hole, place valuables in a bag (Ziploc) and bury. Even if someone suspected this was the case it would take too long for them to find. I would not bury something that I could put in a waterproof pouch and carry swimming. Maybe a camera, binoculars, something I could live without.

This is what I do in most beach situations. In the specific situation as you described (like where the arch is) you have to take a water taxi to get away. That would take some special planning. I just think it's unlikely that something will happen (but you never know).

hope this helps

have a great cruise

I bring a waterproof pouch for money and that sort of things. My camera is pretty old so I just tuck it in my coverup and leave it on the beach. I take the memory card in my waterproof pouch. If someone really wants the camera and i loose it I will be bummed but will still have pictures from the trip. But if you have a nice camera invest in a good dry bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums