Wine packages

JerseyShore

We wanted to buy the package whilst on board the Crown in July ..... however on the first night in the MDR we were informed all wine packages were sold out. Oh well their loss as due to lack of choice we only brought two bottles during the two weeks. Beware of what is available before you sign up.

They were current in April, 2017.

Thank you. Unfortunately, I have learned here that wine packages aren't offered on the Australian ships.

I also can't buy bottled water ahead of time on the Australian ships, and I am forced to drink bottled water on ships nowadays. Ship tap water won't work for me anymore. Desalinization, I guess.

What a pain!:(

Seriously? I'm beginning to regret booking the Sun Princess for this cruise. That's a lot of wine to buy on shore and bring on board! Please tell me the mini bar set ups for Elites are offered on Australian based Princess ships!!

We have always sailed the Caribbean and have done a Tahitian cruise and always bought the wine packages because they are a good savings. We were disappointed that they weren't available this past February when we sailed a 7 day Queensland and 10 day South Pacific cruises out of Australia on the Sun Princess. We had wonderful cruise on the Sun Princess despite them not offering the wine package. We enjoy wine with our dinner and so we choose to bring on our wine for dinner. If you don't see this as an option then you can always just buy a bottle of wine off the menu for dinner.

And yes you do still get the mini bar fir Elites on Australian cruises. Enjoy your cruise out of Australia.😊

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know why Princess doesn't offer the wine packages prior to boarding?

The offer other drink packages and individual wines. They could still individualize it per cruise.

The reason they’ve told me it’s not available to purchase in advance is because the wine package availability is subject to having sufficient wine inventory. Usually that’s sufficient to offer it on cruises longer than 7 days but recently on Royal Princess cruises prior to our cruise they did not offer it due to a resupplying problem in Europe.

Not only is it not available to pre-purchase but it’s not even promoted anywhere on their website & they said that’s because it’s not available on all cruises. Curtis Stone’s Share restaurant is only available on a few ships but they heavily promoted it so not promoting wine packages makes no sense. Limiting availability to longer cruises is also odd because other cruise lines such as RCCL offer wine packages on 7 day cruises but not on Princess.

The reason they’ve told me it’s not available to purchase in advance is because the wine package availability is subject to having sufficient wine inventory. Usually that’s sufficient to offer it on cruises longer than 7 days but recently on Royal Princess cruises prior to our cruise they did not offer it due to a resupplying problem in Europe.

Not only is it not available to pre-purchase but it’s not even promoted anywhere on their website & they said that’s because it’s not available on all cruises. Curtis Stone’s Share restaurant is only available on a few ships but they heavily promoted it so not promoting wine packages makes no sense. Limiting availability to longer cruises is also odd because other cruise lines such as RCCL offer wine packages on 7 day cruises but not on Princess.

Thanks for the explanation. One would think that they could have at least some inventory control, based on advance purchases. They could specifically offer packages (7, 10, 12) on whatever ship they want and have passengers preorder via personalizer. Oh well, I don't plan it, I just drink it! :D

Thanks for the explanation. One would think that they could have at least some inventory control, based on advance purchases. They could specifically offer packages (7, 10, 12) on whatever ship they want and have passengers preorder via personalizer. Oh well, I don't plan it, I just drink it! :D

You’re welcome...wine packages work well for us & supplying ships sailing around the world can be challenging.

The Royal’s F&B manager was quoted as saying there was a problem with delivery of the shipping container containing wine. On another thread it was posted that a F&B manager on another Princess ship said it was more likely caused by ordering wine too late.