Elation Question

TRAVELIN LADY

We where on her in July! She is a very nice ship. We have been on her twice and she is still by FAR our favorite! She is a bit smaller then the ones you have been on, but as I said she is a nice one!

Here are some of our pictures!

http://community.webshots.com/album/163597557GXNHYE 2004 cruise

http://community.webshots.com/album/392483680jjwisw 2005 cruise

Just sailed on Elation. I would think it was a new ship except for a couple of little chips on my sink and a little stain on the grout. The beds are really comfortable. I just wasn't too fond of all the dark colors - brown, copper. But it was elegant in design - not gaudy. But our itinerary was Veracruz and Progreso/Merida. Don't know when they'll switch back.

From checking several websites, I've learned that Elation has a new route and to places I've never been. Didn't know Carnival had a private island called Half Moon Cay. Has anyone been? Also, Grand Turk, another place I've never been. Can anyone recommend this route, and also, does anyone know when it starts? Thanks, Marcia

We just got off her 10/27, what a beautiful ship. They were in constant motion, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning again. They were even painting in some areas, we were wondering when they ever rested. The food was excellent, the entertainment, we had a blast. Our itenerary was changed so we just got off the ship and asked the taxi driver to take us to a nice beach, we had a great time!

we booked the elation for 9/10/06. half moon cay is "owned" by HAL, which is part of the carnival conglomerate fleet ownership. a new port is due to be completed at grand turks...previously all fly ins and stays.... plus st. thomas and san juan!!!!!!! Incredible itinerary. While I'v never sailed the elation, the size of ship... midsize is our favorite. The conquest was excellent... but too large for our taste....the grandeur and inspiration were perfect for us. when you hit 3000pax plus... you get crowding no matter how well planned out... so this ship should be perfect.

We sailed Elation in May of this year. It was not one of our favorite cruises, but it all depends on what your likes/dislikes are. We prefer the newer and larger ships. This ship is older, but I will say it is well maintained. However, you can tell from the decor in my opinion that it was older. It is also a smaller ship compared to others, but if you like that then this is perfect for you.

We also felt they lacked the activities during the day that we typically see on other ships.

Was NOT a bad cruise by any means. Just was not our favorite ship by far.

Sounds like a wonderful cruise. I'd love to visit those ports of call. Hope George stays on as cruise director. He probably will as he is from Miami. He even made the disembarkation talk funny. My DH took a nap while I went and I came back to the cabin telling him all the funny jokes.

It's a great ship! The crew is outstanding too! We sailed aboard her back in July and it was one of the best Carnival cruises we've taken so far. Even though Hurricane Emily changed our itenerary from a western Caribbean cruise to a Bahamas/Key West cruise, it was OK with us.

Go ahead a book the Elation. You won't go wrong!

Bill:cool:

:D Are there other pictures of the Elation out there? Cant wait to go, first cruise and enjoy looking at the pictures of Elation and ports. Any cruisers going with me on the Elation 12/31-1/5???????Ready to party and have funnnnnnn!:eek:

thanks

;)

I just got off the Elation this past Saturday. My DH and I had a blast. Here, this being our first cruse, I thought htere were a lot of activities. My favorites were reading, watching the waves and the kareoke.

Have fun. Oh, yes, and George (Jorge) is a fantastic cruise director. I heard he had been a stand up comic at one point in his life. It showed.

Billie

From checking several websites, I've learned that Elation has a new route and to places I've never been. Didn't know Carnival had a private island called Half Moon Cay. Has anyone been? Also, Grand Turk, another place I've never been. Can anyone recommend this route, and also, does anyone know when it starts? Thanks, Marcia

Half moon bay is pretty nice. You do feel a bit like cattle getting on and off the island. It just a frenzy getting hundreds of people off the boats, into beach chairs and getting the first drink. After that enjoy the palm trees and beautiful beach and view.:D

Archived