Booked on NCL Escape.. Thinking of changing to Carnival Vista

gbearcruiser

I am booked to sail on the Norwegian Escape next year, but have heard great things about the Vista. I am thinking of changing but it would be an itinerary that only includes one new port. I had such a great time on the Breeze, and it looks like the Vista would be a great cruise also.

Looking for feedback. Have not sailed on NCL's bigger ships, so it would be a brand new experience.

Norwegian Escape 7 Day Western Caribbean going to Roaton, Honduras, Harvest Caye, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. We have not been to Harvest Caye and Costa Maya.

Carnival Vista, 8 Day Southern Caribbean going to Aruba, La Romana, Bonaire and Grand Turk. Includes an extra day but only one new port for us.

We personally haven't been on the Escape, but 2 different couples we know have. And they did not like it at all. Very choppy lay out and just did not like the Escape overall. And both were NCL cruisers.

We went on the Breeze, absolutely loved it. We are booked for the Vista in January. We simply can't wait!

Everyone will have an opinion one way or another, you have to decide which islands/ports are most important to you the most.

Lots to do on the Vista!

I sailed the Escape in April and I'm booked for April 2017 on the Vista. The Escape was phenomenal! I doubt the Vista will match it and I say that while being booked on the Vista. The Escape is beautiful with so much to do and the food and freestyle dining was excellent. Great service and the price and deal was way way better on the Escape then what you'll pay for on the Vista. Don't change to the Vista. I'm only doing the Vista because I've done the Escape. The free beverage package from NCL was so valuable compared to the nothing you get from CCL.

I loved the Escape, hubby not so much.

It's big but feels very narrow.

The food was excellent across the board.

Haven't been on the vista yet (two months to go!) BUT been on breeze and loved her too.

If it were for ports I'd choose the vista.

If it's for the ship I'd recommend giving the Escape a chance.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app