Excursions

BeadsLea

Hello. I will be traveling to St Kitts, St Maarten, San Juan, Puerto Rico and Labadee, Haiti in April of 2018 and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the excursions for those ports. What are the best mild excursions other than the beach ones? Thanks.

Labadee is RCI's private beach,, so it's just like being on the ship...no excursions are really needed, although they do have plenty of ways to part you from your money! There is a roller coaster, zip lines, cabana rentals, watersport activities.....

Everything except the local "straw market" will be charged to your seapass, just like on the ship. Lunch is served on the beach, courtesy of the ship.

Get a guidebook on your other ports...libraries have them...and read up on what's available in each place. You may find what interests you requires NO excursion to do at all! Few things need a "guide"!

While books are a good general source of information, hearing what other cruisers have done for their excursions is extremely helpful.

You would enjoy going to the Ports of Call section here on Cruise Critic and checking under each of your port stops. :)

I would suggest going on a city tour at the different stops. Often they are by open-air trolley, or sometimes by bus, and they drive you around the island and give commentary on the island. Usually there is a stop or two for a photo stop (up high with a great view) and shopping. I especially like these tours when it is my first trip to that particular island.

On St. Kitts definitely check out the Sugar Train and in St. Maarten the America's Cup 12m Yacht Race.

http://www.stkittsscenicrailway.com/

http://12metre.com/regatta.htm

We've done both and LOVED them. Neither are very strenuous and both may be available through the cruiseline. In San Juan we did a Segway tour of the old city, including up to El Moro and found that also to be very worthwhile but it does require a little physical agility. Labadee is basically a beach day if you're not up for water sports.

Edited by ronandannette