Some great things to say from Azura last weekend... :)

Scriv

Azura really did us proud when we went with some first time P&O friends last weekend on a mini cruise on Azura...

- Everything was very clean and shining. (Had to scramble under the bed to find an earring and it was spotless)

- The mini bar in the cabin was fully stocked even for the 3 night cruise and at decent prices.

- The menu in the restaurants showed the P&O Classics/Favourites in a seperate category once again.

- All food - even the pizzas, burgers and Grab'n Go - was really delicious and beautifully presented. Beef Wellington perfectly cooked according to taste, vegetables plentiful and perfect, beans only appeared once.

- Had some lovely wines in the Glass House

- Embarkation and disembarkation and tender trips to Guernsey all very very well organised

- Excellent service from all staff - as ever.

- And the Headliners show new to us, so we were delighted!

- Our friends were very impressed :)

Well done Azura :)

Edited by Scriv

Sorry to be positive folks ;)

I do think people have to accept that mini cruises are somewhat more relaxed and hectic and partyish and are going to have a wider demographic than the longer ones and are not for everyone.

And I also have to admit that it is now time for us to move away to longer and more peaceful cruises ourselves as we are tending to escape more and more to the quieter bars rather than the party ones.

But it was great to see that Azura gave as good a quality experience to the mini cruises as to the longer ones.

And on the strength of this weekend, our friends are now planning a longer more sedate 14 nights in 2018 :) Their only feedback for improvement : Marmite at breakfast time please !

Edited by Scriv

Sorry to be positive folks ;)

I do think people have to accept that mini cruises are somewhat more relaxed and hectic and partyish and are going to have a wider demographic than the longer ones and are not for everyone.

And I also have to admit that it is now time for us to move away to longer and more peaceful cruises ourselves as we are tending to escape more and more to the quieter bars rather than the party ones.

But it was great to see that Azura gave as good a quality experience to the mini cruises as to the longer ones.

And on the strength of this weekend, our friends are now planning a longer more sedate 14 nights in 2018 :) Their only feedback for improvement : Marmite at breakfast time please !

What , no marmite? We have always found marmite available.....sometimes difficult to find though.....

Glad you had a good time....you can tell us all about it next week! :D

I'd missed the mini bar news, as not sailed with P&O this summer. Will have to search for the whats included and price lists.

Not generally a big in cabin/balcony drinker, but do enjoy adding a Courvoisier to my Hot Chocolate at the end of a long day when sailing on Princess. Might become a night time treat on P&O as well :)

Making a mental note, to ensure our steward removes the minibar (and temptation!) from my 19 year old nephews room!:p

A happy review befits Azura, who I always think is a very 'happy' ship :)

And your user name has just made me smile too Saltybaltyholty :) :) Love it.

Good idea to remove it from the nephew's reach, Pink belle, lol

And perhaps we should ahve asked for Marmite, MM? Must admit we didn't..... :( Silly me.

Edited by Scriv

Far too positive, you will not get many replies to this. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I agree!

We spent 13 nights on this ship over the Atlantic (first time for everything)

To make sure we did not like this ship we have booked the 14 nights this time ;)

Sure I saw Marmite in the Buffet amongst the jams ... not for me thanks :eek:;)

I agree!

We spent 13 nights on this ship over the Atlantic (first time for everything)

To make sure we did not like this ship we have booked the 14 nights this time ;)

Sure I saw Marmite in the Buffet amongst the jams ... not for me thanks :eek:;)

Mmmmmm Marmite on hot toast. :) :)

Only not P&O toast. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We've definitely had Marmite on Azura and Britannia, although my children assure me it isn't like the real thing and is not particularly nice (if you're a Marmite person).

Great to read such a good review though Scriv and pleased you and your friends has such a good time.

My next-door-neighbour was recently on her first ever cruise, on Arcadia, to the Baltic and didn't have a good time. All she would say was "Bad weather and gastroenteritis!"

Edited by groovechick
Addition

Thanks for your positive report Scriv - I'm pleased to read it as we are going on a 5 nighter on her in 2 weeks. It will be our 3rd time on her but the shortest cruise.

Interesting to hear there was a new headliners show - can you remember what it was called?

And your user name has just made me smile too Saltybaltyholty :) :) Love it.

Many years ago I was working in an office with 5 others, all with the same sense of humour, the banter was immense [emoji1] one particular day we were talking about 'what we did last night' I said I went for a very nice Balti, to which the question came flying over from the corner 'Was it a Salty Balti Holty??'

It makes me smile as well, happy days! [emoji38]

By the way, my surname is Holt!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Saltybaltiholty

Very amusing replies and comments above, everybody... watch it, we might get censored for having a happy thread ;)

Hot toast on P&O Dai???? Dream on....

The Headliners show was a Reel to Reel but a collection we had not seen before, but of course you others might have done. Featured some James Bond films and a dancer shimmying up a rope and doing the splits, Oliver, Mama Mia, Bridget Jones and some more that I can't quite remember at the moment. Our friends are amateur operatic members and said they were very good and coordinated.

Very amusing replies and comments above, everybody... watch it, we might get censored for having a happy thread ;)

The Headliners show was a Reel to Reel but a collection we had not seen before, but of course you others might have done. Featured some James Bond films and a dancer shimmying up a rope and doing the splits, Oliver, Mama Mia, Bridget Jones and some more that I can't quite remember at the moment. Our friends are amateur operatic members and said they were very good and coordinated.

I suspect Dai uses the marmite to soften the toast.;)

Aah I have seen Reel to Reel, not sure if it was all those songs but remember the James Bond bit!