Book now or wait?

Maisydaisy77

I'm wanting to book my first ever cruise for next September with Royal Caribbean. At the moment the buy one get one half price fare deal is on. I assume they bump up the prices to offset the offer - are there likely be any other offers before next September? :)

I'm wanting to book my first ever cruise for next September with Royal Caribbean. At the moment the buy one get one half price fare deal is on. I assume they bump up the prices to offset the offer - are there likely be any other offers before next September? :)

Book now. If the price goes down before final payment, you can re-book at the new lower price. If the price goes up, you can keep the old lower price. However, if the price goes up and you didn't book, then you cannot ask for the old lower price.

Also, the earlier you book the better your chance of getting the cabin you want.

OP is from the UK and we don't get price drops here. If you're happy to pay the price they're offering OP then book now. They also are giving included deluxe drinks package with this promo which includes spirits, cocktails, wines, soda, beer, specialty coffees and bottled water meaning you won't have to pay for any drinks whilst on board and these can add up quickly without the drinks package. Only you can tell whether booking now is worth it or not.

OP is from the UK and we don't get price drops here. If you're happy to pay the price they're offering OP then book now. They also are giving included deluxe drinks package with this promo which includes spirits, cocktails, wines, soda, beer, specialty coffees and bottled water meaning you won't have to pay for any drinks whilst on board and these can add up quickly without the drinks package. Only you can tell whether booking now is worth it or not.

You beat me to the punch! Totally different booking rules in UK vs US, unless of course you can book via a US agent.

RCI did put the prices up before this offer was launched. However it is a very good offer and when we priced out the purchase of the drinks package the price under this offer was cheaper than the price we obtained onboard - which apparently included a North American 30% discount. So we rebooked 2 of our cabins under this new offer. It is however only a good price if you were going to buy the drinks package. Some people in our party wouldn't make use of the drinks package so for them the offer wasn't particularly favourable, and they haven't switched to it from our original booking.

That's a big 'Yes' to booking now then! Sadly the inclusive drinks package offer doesn't apply as it's not a European cruise I'm planning. :(

If it's the Caribbean it's a definite yes for booking early, the cruise may drop in price but in my experience the flight costs always increase the closer you get. They've been offering 20% off the drinks packages of late so you may have it on the trip you book.

Yes you do get price drops in the UK [emoji636] but you would lose what ever perk you got when you booked. Are free drinks a deal breaker for you?

Can you get a USA [emoji631] agent and book with them ?

I get a million emails a day all with cruise offers on, all decreasing in price as they try to fill the ships as sailing date approaches.

Personally I would book the flights to lock those in at a low price and then just watch and wait until you see the cruise at a price you are happy to pay.

JMHO.

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk