Just off the Majesty OTS....

Mrs.C05

I am not going to do a full review like I normally do but I will give a run down of how our trip was.

The good:

The ships cleanliness was good. They were always cleaning, picking up dirty dishes, offering to get us drinks once we sat down in the WJ, etc. The food was good too with a good variety of it. The MDR food was pretty good as well. I am not a picky eater but my sister is GF and they accommodated her as best as possible. We ate in the WJ for breakfast each morning, ate at Johnny Rockets Saturday night for dinner, and for lunch on Sunday, and ate in the MDR Friday night and Sunday night.

The pool staff were always watching the pool deck, make sure kids were behaving, etc. RCCL did have lifejackets available for the kids to wear if your child couldn't swim or swim very well. I have to say I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing? As a parent, I am always watching my child, even on vacation, and never let him out of my sight unless another family member is watching him. My son was with us on this cruise, and he knows how to swim, however I am still right there at the pool with him. I guess it's good that RCCL has the life jackets for kids, so they don't drown, however, vacation or not, parents should still be responsible for their child/ren. And I will say honestly, I saw a lot of kids being unsupervised at the pool. And the pool staff were very strict with no diving in, no running and jumping, and especially no jumping off the hot tub/jacuzzi into the pool like I saw one young boy doing.:rolleyes:

The weather was beautiful. We were rocking a bit on Friday night

Our stop in Nassau was beautiful day, but a hot one, but it was very busy, with 5 ships in port. Aida and Disney left out first, and then another ship, but didn't notice which one. We went to Atlantis, shopped around the port, hung out at Sharkey's Bar & Grill, went to Senor Frogs for a drink and got conk salad at Daphaney's under the bridge and was back on the boat by 7pm.

CocoCay was a beautiful and the day couldn't have been any better. We got off as soon as we could at 8:30 and was on the island by 9am since we had to wait for the tender to fill up. We grabbed chairs under some trees for shade and got in the water for a bit before walking around to "South Beach". The Floating Bar was being set up and didn't open til 10am, but once it did, we swam out to it. We grabbed a drink, took pics and then went back to our chairs since my Dad and stepmom had my son.

Overall it was good to getaway, fun family time, as usual.

The bad:

All the staff were mostly helpful, however our room guy was none existent. We never got our BOGO beer or wine paper, at all. He cleaned our room once which was Friday night while we were at dinner, so we had to keep asking for clean towels and putting our trays outside of our room. And to top it all off, we didn't get our final account bill until we were walking out the door this morning at 7:15am. I thought we were supposed to get it by 6am in case we had to dispute anything? :confused: By the time we were upstairs on Deck 4 to get off the ship, the line for guest services was really long to dispute the gratuities so we left it alone.

And the ugly:

The biggest problem was the smell outside our door which was cabin 2503. It smelled like sewer due to a water leak that made the carpet soaking wet. It wasn't anyone's fault, but they had blowers there the entire cruise trying to air it out. I noticed it first Saturday morning, when we stepped out of our room and the carpet was mushy and they already had fans going, with a guy trying to mop up the water. Then later on that night, I saw water coming out of the ceiling again and the workers trying to clean it up. They really did their best cleaning up as best as they could.

My sister got an oceanview on deck 9, room 9546, and it was really nice compared to ours. Next time around, if/when we book a short RCCL again, we'll be booking an oceanview room or higher just due to the room space. Our room was very tiny for 3 of us, and next to no cabinet/closet space for our clothes. Even if we needed to live out of our suitcases, due to no cabinet/closet space, we couldn't because we wouldn't have anywhere to put it with the king bed and the mattress on the floor for our son.

I really don't mean to sound negative about this cruise, but next time we'd definitely do things differently in getting a bigger room. Otherwise, everything was good.

The attachment showing where our room is.....straight outside our door was where the water & smell problem was. So if you were in stateroom 2500 or 2502 were you going to step into mushy carpet and/or get dripped on from the water leak.

Clipboard01.jpg.85bfba7c06dc3323c14bf3018ca4ce5b.jpg

Thanks for the review. Superior OV or better is the way to go on the Majesty. But I seem to recall that SOV could only be booked for two people. Do they allow three people in SOV now?

I don't believe they do, but I don't see why not, as it had a couch and coffee table, but maybe the couch didn't pull out into a bed. I will ask my sister.

My sister and her husband booked this room when the price dropped from $13XX to $8XX something and it was just them 2. If they had their daughter with them, they may not have been able to get this room/price if that room only allows 2 people max.