Tell me about "Theme Cruises"

Genrally, only those who booked thru the TA sponsoring the event will get to see the "shows"...other than that, everything else on your cruise will be the same as alway. There are many "music" cruises of all sorts..but unless you are part of the group (who pays more for the cruise than do you) you won't be able to access those bands.

I suppose it does depend on how big the group is. But has anyone seen "Rock This Boat: New Kids on the Block" on Pop (an obscure US cable channel--check your local listings, lol)? OMG, I was a big NKOTB fan when I was a teen, but I wouldn't go anywhere NEAR that boat--a chartered Carnival cruise. They had two seasons of this show--and I think they said 9 years doing this chartered cruise. It is filled and they do take over the boat with various events and general fan craziness. The show focuses on different groups of fans on the cruise, and one of these fan sets were three Scottish men who unknowingly signed up for this cruise one year. They ended up coming back the next year (and were on the show) because they didn't mind since the cruise was all women, lol, but not exactly the relaxing cruise they had in mind. Personally, I would probably see whether you could change it, or AT LEAST try to find out as much as you can about this festival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Bound4Bermuda

Get your cowboy boots shined and ready to eat everything fried.

Lol, just kidding. It mostly depends on how many people are actually part of the theme cruise. Google "theme cruise finder" and look for your sailing to find the real impact.

I'm not sure if it me and my lack of coffee, or what, but I can't find a way to check a particular sailing on that website.

I just found out that our 4-night Jan 5 cruise on Brilliance is a Blue Grass theme cruise. What can we expect as far as venues being limited due to theme cruise functions? How much of a different vibe is there on a theme cruise? I'm getting nervous about keeping this reservation. Help!

I am guessing that a Blue Grass cruise is not going to take over the entire ship, so don't panic. We have been on two cruises with rather large groups. There was minimal impact to us. Mostly it was venues like the main theater closed from 1:30-4:30pm, no issue. One group had a party with a DJ in the Solarium one evening after dinner, but everyone was welcomed. Any group that will affect major areas at popular times will likely charter the entire boat, such as Rock This Boat.