Gem with young adults??

rjmols

Hi, am looking to book the Gem on either 13th May 2017 or 20th May 2017 and have a few young adults in the group. This is our first time on NCL and first time the kids are out of kids club so wondering if there would be many other similar aged people on the ship travelling at this time and if the Gem attracts this age group? Would the American colleges be out by then so would there be college kids on??

Hope someone may have experienced travelling the Gem at this time of year. Thanks in advance.

I can help you out here. I live in the NYC area, and have a freshman and junior in college in NJ. One gets out around May 14, and the other around May 18. Many passengers will be from this area. We will be on the Gem on the 28th of May. I would think your second week would have more young adults.

I chose the week of Memorial Day because I wanted to travel at the beginning of their summer break, before they started working. I also have a few others in middle and hig school, who will only miss 4 days of school due to Memorial Day.

I can help you out here. I live in the NYC area, and have a freshman and junior in college in NJ. One gets out around May 14, and the other around May 18. Many passengers will be from this area. We will be on the Gem on the 28th of May. I would think your second week would have more young adults.

I chose the week of Memorial Day because I wanted to travel at the beginning of their summer break, before they started working. I also have a few others in middle and hig school, who will only miss 4 days of school due to Memorial Day.

Great, thanks for the reply, we are flying from the UK and normally sail in July out of Florida so its all new for us and my kids just love hanging out with American kids !!! So hopefully they will be able to make new friends and wont be stuck with me :D

Just to let you know we have booked the 20th:) very excited - now planning what to do for 2 days in New York - can't wait

The vast majority of those between the ages of 18 and 21 on the gem will be college kids taking family and/or friends vacays before summer internships start. My college kids love the gem and prefer it over the BA

There will also be families with kids of all ages from just outside the area where the schools let out in mid May

Ny schools let out in late June

Colleges are for the most part universally done by mid May

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

The vast majority of those between the ages of 18 and 21 on the gem will be college kids taking family and/or friends vacays before summer internships start. My college kids love the gem and prefer it over the BA

There will also be families with kids of all ages from just outside the area where the schools let out in mid May

Ny schools let out in late June

Colleges are for the most part universally done by mid May

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's great - thanks for the info :)