Has anyone purchased the new coffee card?

Baseball fan

You can get brewed coffee from normal dining/snack venues for free. If you order drip coffee from a specialty coffee stand (Starbucks, etc) or a bar (I think) then it is not free.

FWIW if you order drip coffee at a stand like Cafe Promenade they will tell you to just get it from the urns. They don't *have* drip coffee. If you insist, they will make (and charge you or punch the card) an Americano, which is espresso with water. It's not drip coffee, though, so it'll taste different.

Not sure about the ships with actual Starbucks stores in them. They might have actual drip/brewed coffee.

Yeah, I think some of us were just comparing it to the Princess version and they specifically make brewed (drip) coffee in their cafe for people with the card. It's a lot better than the coffee elsewhere.

I know about the coffee in the Promenade Cafe (urns). I'm not sure that's any different than any other coffee on the ship.

But, we mostly use the card on Princess to get specialty coffee drinks like lattes, so RCI's new offering is a big improvement and sounds like a good deal for specialty coffee drinkers.

I hope they offer it on Explorer next week :cool:

Tom

FWIW if you order drip coffee at a stand like Cafe Promenade they will tell you to just get it from the urns. They don't *have* drip coffee. If you insist, they will make (and charge you or punch the card) an Americano, which is espresso with water. It's not drip coffee, though, so it'll taste different.

Not sure about the ships with actual Starbucks stores in them. They might have actual drip/brewed coffee.

Yeah, I think some of us were just comparing it to the Princess version and they specifically make brewed (drip) coffee in their cafe for people with the card.

Some might have been but I don't think silentbob was talking about princess because he mentioned Starbucks.

I was behind a woman on freedom who paid (room charge not package) for an Americano because she was not listening to the guy telling her that the drip coffee she ordered was free and just *over there*, and she ignored what they said about drip vs Americano etc.

Also saw a woman pay (again, no package) more for a 16oz Tazo vs a 12 oz. Given that the only thing different was the cup and the water (just one teabag was given), it was painful to watch. Especially since the free teabags at WJ were a very nice organic tea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just off Allure. Purchased coffee card $31 plus gratuities. Received 30% off that as a Diamond Plus discount, came out to about $25.82 which included gratuities. Was only able to use for small or medium size drinks, not for the Venti (largest size).

Just off Allure. Purchased coffee card $31 plus gratuities. Received 30% off that as a Diamond Plus discount, came out to about $25.82 which included gratuities. Was only able to use for small or medium size drinks, not for the Venti (largest size).

Sorry, but I can't find the answer - is Starbucks included in the coffee card on the Oasis class? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

This is great to know for Allure next month! We love afternoon iced coffee... so starbucks tall and grande are included for 1 punch? and venti would be 2 punches? Also, DH and I both use the same card and just get 2 punches if we each get a small iced coffee from starbucks?

Some might have been but I don't think silentbob was talking about Also saw a woman pay (again, no package) more for a 16oz Tazo vs a 12 oz. Given that the only thing different was the cup and the water (just one teabag was given), it was painful to watch. Especially since the free teabags at WJ were a very nice organic tea!

And that's why I always bring my own Tazo Zen tea bags!

• 1 month later...

I just returned from a cruise on the Jewel. I bought my card and could use it at Cafe Lattetudes. I frequently ordered large mochas and that was never an issue. Although I did use all of my punches, I was told you could not use any leftover punches on a future cruise (like Princess allows). With tax, the card was $36+ for 15 coffees.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

I am reading this thread with interest. I love Italian-style cappuccinos (e.g. a small cup with espresso & foam). Is there a place on Oasis that serves coffee like that? I enjoy the occasional latte & I do like iced coffee in the afternoons. (hubby doesn't drink coffee).

So I am trying to figure out if a coffee card would be a good idea for me.

Hi,

I am reading this thread with interest. I love Italian-style cappuccinos (e.g. a small cup with espresso & foam). Is there a place on Oasis that serves coffee like that? I enjoy the occasional latte & I do like iced coffee in the afternoons. (hubby doesn't drink coffee).

Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe, Starbucks, and restauants serve espresso drinks.

Hi,

Since you are particular about your cappuccino, before getting a card if they have one, I'd go to the espresso venues Bob listed for you and buy a cappucino. See how it is. If you like it, buy a card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk