Cell Phone Use/AT&T/Help!

JazzMimi

I am new at this site and have never been on Regal Princess. Could someone please tell me if they have been able to use their AT&T cell phone at sea. I'm getting conflicted reports from my carrier and Princess. It is necessary at this time for me to be able to converse daily with my 93 year old father. Am hoping to know before we leave on Saturday. Thank you thank you!!

I am new at this site and have never been on Regal Princess. Could someone please tell me if they have been able to use their AT&T cell phone at sea. I'm getting conflicted reports from my carrier and Princess. It is necessary at this time for me to be able to converse daily with my 93 year old father. Am hoping to know before we leave on Saturday. Thank you thank you!!

AT&T charges $2.49 per minute for voice calls at sea.

Make sure you turn off your data or you will get a huge bill.

Thank you! Princess insinuated there would be NO service at all for me but even expensive service in my case for emergencies is a good thing at this point!!!

Well, I would call AT&T, because the AT&T link provided in port #5 above does not list Princess ships.

Edited by clarea

Based on your past posts I see you are on the Regal Princess Canada & New England itinerary. You only have one sea day. It will be infinitely cheaper to make your AT&T calls while in port from your cell phone. I am assuming you are US based so depending on your plan, the calls while in Canada will be slightly more expensive but certainly cheaper than making calls from the ship satellite connection. For those curious here are the ports and times the OP is on. These are mostly US ports with long port days so she should be able to avoid most satellite charges by making calls during strategic times

29249180974_64b0f847cc.jpg