Caribbean Princess ~ Baja Deck

familia_solis

Aloha and Baja are the same kind of balcony ("covered" means they are shaded, unlike the the Caribe and Dolphin decks which are partly or all in full sun. We just returned from the CB and were on the Baja deck and I thought it was the perfect place; Aloha would be great too. You are basically halfway between the shopping and dining decks (5, 6 and 7) and the swimming/sun/buffet decks (decks 15 and up). We managed to take the stairs about half the time to try and work off some calories! Aloha will be fine and you'll have a wonderful time! Kellie in Texas

We were in Baja 714 on the CB in September and IMHO it was the "perfect" location.. not far from Lido restaurant, covered balcony, comfy cushioned chairs and an actual 'eating at' table on the balcony... but the staterooms on Aloha and Lido with balconies are virtually identical.. we just don't like the uncovered balconies as we enjoy being out there a lot including when the weather is just a little inclement and when the sun is beating down but NOT on you because your balcony is covered :)

Aloha was my favorite for a couple of reasons:

When the elevator takes you to your floor it announces the floor. Hearing "aloha" everytime you got off the elevator was nice. A small thing - but refreshing none the less.

The balcony received some sun in the mornings, depending on which side of the ship you are on - but not enough to sun bathe, if that's what you're looking to do. There was ample room to move about and eat out there if needed. Morning coffee was wonderful out there ~!!!!

Enjoy your trip ~!

We were in Baja 714 on the CB in September and IMHO it was the "perfect" location.. :)

Host Caroline,

DH and I will be in B710 for our 1/28/06 cruise - right next door to B714. We also think this will be a "perfect" location. We had booked a stateroom in this vicinity last year (same ship & itinerary, 1/21/05)) but were upgraded to L306. We declined an upgrade for the upcoming cruise.

I suppose there's a good chance that we could have the same cabin attendant that you did. Who was it and how did you like him/her?

Bon Voyage!

Chris

We were in Cabin B250 on Baja Deck on the CP in March and loved this cabin. We could look down on the Caribe deck balconies and were so happy We had more privacy. One day it rained and We were able to sit out and enjoy a soda as We had a cover over our deck. This will be the same on ALoha Deck too.

Host Caroline,

DH and I will be in B710 for our 1/28/06 cruise - right next door to B714. We also think this will be a "perfect" location. We had booked a stateroom in this vicinity last year (same ship & itinerary, 1/21/05)) but were upgraded to L306. We declined an upgrade for the upcoming cruise.

I suppose there's a good chance that we could have the same cabin attendant that you did. Who was it and how did you like him/her?

Bon Voyage!

Chris

I hate to say that I do NOT remember out steward's name but he was great!!! We left him a nice extra tip.. and you will definitely have the same one... This Privateer group was one of the most fun cruises I've ever had and that's probably why I don't remember his name.. Sorry... but I do remember the good service

Cruzinchris: Just back yesterday from CB and loved Baja715...It was so close to the pools..we found the balcony a great place to relax before dinner. I rather prefer this deck as nobody can look down on us but we could look down on everybody else. As far as the sun goes, we had plenty of it and we could sit out when it was raining. Enjoy you cruise...you won't be sorry you chose this deck.

Barbara

Cruzinchris: Just back yesterday from CB and loved Baja715...It was so close to the pools..we found the balcony a great place to relax before dinner. I rather prefer this deck as nobody can look down on us but we could look down on everybody else. As far as the sun goes, we had plenty of it and we could sit out when it was raining. Enjoy you cruise...you won't be sorry you chose this deck. Barbara

Barbara,

What a coincidence! I was checking this thread because I recalled having posting on it. I'll assume that B715 was on the opposite side of ship from where we'll be. Glad you liked the location and know we will, too.

We had actually booked a Baja stateroom for last year's cruise but were "upgraded" to L306. Heavy traffic area, we thought, and didn't want to risk this again.

Baja deck on Princess ships is an ideal location as there are generally no public areas on this deck, so the only "traffic" are passengers whose staterooms are located on Baja. Must admit, though, that DH and I "visited" Baja deck to see how we would like it. We had a Dolphin deck mini-suite on the Grand and have to agree about others looking down at us.

Are you going to post a review of your cruise? If not, maybe you'd consider a few comments here about the voyage overall. Many thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris...Baja715 is on the starboard side of the ship...great room towards the back...not too much traffic and we didn't hear many late night comings and goings...not planning on writing a long review but will be glad to answer any questions...we're already planning our next cruise in the spring...no more hurricane fall cruises for us. Don't believe all the bad things about the CB..we had a great time. A cruise is what you make of it...go with an open mind and I promise you'll be happy with the CB.

Barbara

Archived