Big, big mistake in choosing Allure of the Seas

umograd83

We went on our first Royal Caribbean cruise last week on the Allure of the Seas. It was a big mistake choosing that ship! We are so spoiled now. I don't think we would like any ship other than an Oasis class ship. I hope I am wrong because we are officially Royal Caribbean fans. We had become bored with Carnival, so we decided to try Royal Caribbean. We tried Norwegian last year (and liked NCL as well). No more Carnival cruises for us for now.

I will be writing a review this coming weekend (or sooner if I muster up some strength - very tired still from the delayed flight home due to bad weather in Atlanta).

We went on our first Royal Caribbean cruise last week on the Allure of the Seas. It was a big mistake choosing that ship! We are so spoiled now. I don't think we would like any ship other than an Oasis class ship. I hope I am wrong because we are officially Royal Caribbean fans. We had become bored with Carnival, so we decided to try Royal Caribbean. We tried Norwegian last year (and liked NCL as well). No more Carnival cruises for us for now.

I will be writing a review this coming weekend (or sooner if I muster up some strength - very tired still from the delayed flight home due to bad weather in Atlanta).

Welcome to Cruise Critic! I see you are fairly new.

We felt the same way when we tried the Freedom class ship. We loved it and have been on Freedom twice. In November we are taking our first Oasis class cruise on the Harmony and I think we will love that ship as much if not more than Freedom. Can't wait to read your review.

I saw the title and thought, how could someone find Allure a big mistake? I felt the same way. Allure was the second cruise I had ever been on. Spoiled me for a while. Now I have. Moved on to other ships big and small. Next cruise is on Harmony though so I'm not cured.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! I see you are fairly new.

We felt the same way when we tried the Freedom class ship. We loved it and have been on Freedom twice. In November we are taking our first Oasis class cruise on the Harmony and I think we will love that ship as much if not more than Freedom. Can't wait to read your review.

They have been members for 16 years. :confused::confused::confused:

That's exactly how we felt when we got off Oasis last time. No ship will ever compare now.

We just got off the Oasis this past Saturday. It was our 2nd time on Oasis, and we did Allure once. We actually prefer the smaller ships. The large ones are nice to go on every now and then, but for us, too many people! We go on the larger ships for the entertainment and variety in restaurants to try. The itineraries are very stale for the larger ships. We prefer to go to new places and for now, the large ships go to the same old ones!

Try one of the smaller ships, and I'm sure you will have a fantastic cruise too! :D

What did you like about the ship, specifically?

We have two RCI cruises out of Australia booked for 2018 and have done Celebrity and NCL. We like the smaller to medium sized ships on both lines. Our one mega ship was the NCL Epic and it was our least favorite.

If you liked the Allure of the Seas give the Anthem of the Seas a try.

We have been on Radiance , Explorer, Oasis, Quantum and Anthem and love the idea of the larger RC ships. We too were long time Carnival cruisers but I find it hard to go back. We love RC larger ships. Have two more cruises booked on Anthem in the next 9 months

Edited by starfish216

We had to do the Oasis last year as a large family gathering. DW and I went with the idea it was our duty and we really weren't going to like this huge of a ship.

Boy were we wrong! By the second day we were already planning our next trip on an Oasis class, which is next month on Allure.

We have done 36 cruises on 25,000 - Oasis ton ships and love them all. Yes some ports can get old and our last Carnival Dream we never got off the ship. For us the Oasis and upcoming Allure the ship is the destination.

Just wait till you try Ovation then!! That will really knock your socks off. One of the best things about it was the closed in Two70 area - what a great idea. We enjoyed that area on Allure but it is so much better closed in as it has a lot more uses, eg. shows, silent disco, movies, lectures, etc.

Also the Windjammer on Ovation was excellent. So much choice - even a grill area where you can get fresh grilled salmon, etc. Actually ended up eating there more than DD restaurants as there were so many wonderful options. Plus you could sit outside for dinner.

NJ

What exactly are the 3 breakdowns of the RC ship classes?

Oasis, Voyager and????

What is the difference between each class?

Hahahaha....thought I was going to read a BAD review. Glad you had a great time!!! Shame on you for tricking us.:eek:

Ditto. Was expecting negative comments..lol.

OP... know what you mean. How can you beat it? Harmony has addition if water slides but Oasis ships in general are amazing. You certainly can't beat the shows, and things to do. Looking forward to your review

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Edited by LuCruise

It spoiled us too.

Eager to read your review.

WOW, you obviously did no research! Next time I'm sure you will be more prepared :cool :;)

Cannot wait to read your full review!

###

Edited by PhoenixCruiser

Got Al"lured" into this thread as well! Was going to be shocked on anything negative with this ship. My wife and I have been through the the ranks with the ship classes and Allure is by far my favourite. We did our first one with friends and loved it so much, that we brought the kids the next time around. It was perfect for a 4 and 6 yr old.

I could seriously spend my entire days on the patio at Vintages or the Rising Tide. It's just great relaxing atmosphere.

FYI, someone mentioned the Epic and not liking it. Epic is a unique ship and the only one of its class. It is definitely not for everyone. But there is no way you can compare it to the Allure. Completely different style.

(Although, I did love Cirque and being able to order wings at the pub!)

Edited by csnarpy