Celebrity Equinox Entertainment

lovevacadays

Next year will be our first time on Celebrity. I'm seeing some posts that say the evening entertainment isn't that good or that it ends early. What can you tell me about the evening entertainment?

They usually have a "broadway type" show in the main theater......early

and late....singers, dancers, etc....usually there is a 7pm show and a 9pm show.

They also "may" have a comedian on board....show times vary.

They may have a illusionist.....it varies really. They usually have a

guitarist on board who may play different sets.....timing always varies.

They also have a show or 2 in the main foyer area on the S class (which is your ship).....not sure if they still do that or not...maybe someone who

has been on Equinox recently can give you some first hand information.

The shows I have seen in the foyer area have always been fun....they

end up bringing the passengers down to dance and it has been fun....

I haven't sailed Equinox in a few years so not sure what they are offering

now. But I am guessing someone who has sailed her recently can

give you more answers.

I was on a B2B recently, and the entertainment on each cruise was so very different. I think it really depends on the general demographic on board and then Celebrity books entertainment accordingly.

For eg, On the fist cruises of the B2B, there were mainly a lot of younger people under the age of 45 and most were of Spanish origin. The headline acts on board were full of energy and had the place pumping with atmosphere. Even the late night theme parties on deck were full of people having a great time, and even during the day while lying around the pool, there were Dj's playing and people in a real general party atmosphere. On the second cruise, the average age was possibly over 55 and the passengers mainly seemed to be from England & Germany. Suddenly the party vibe of the previous week disappeared. The headline acts became a 1 man magician instead of a 4 member band. The same production shows which were just Ok both cruises but definitely had a lot more audience interaction on the first cruise. The second cruise was certainly a little more boring as a result.

So I think, what other passengers you have around you will have a lot to do with how the entertainment is received in general and how the entertainers feed off that energy, both good and bad.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it depends on what you think is good. We like the entertainment on Celebrity for the most part because we like the people they get in. One time it

was a great Pianist who had played for movies... Once they had an old famous comedian.. Good music all around the ship...

We have been to shows with the same people on 2-3-4 different cruises, a couple on diff cruise lines too.

Some have really liked one, while others didn't care for it at all.

Last Nov on the Equinox 4 of us danced till way past midnight in the Sky Lounge one night with a couple hundred others, as a Beatles tribute band played out their set, then went into doing the Stones! Some got up and walked out!:eek:

2 nights later I felt I had seen the absolute worst Elton John wanna be act of all time, he got a standing ovation from a big % of the audience, go figure. He stunk! :D

We have yet to get into the late night production in the atrium, yet it is almost impossible to get a standing room only spot on the glass on any of the 3 overlooking decks.

Love the smooth jazz act in the Ensemble Lounge outside of Murano & Michaels.

The comedy can be stale yet the laughs keep coming, do the passengers in the back of the ship go to the same places as those in the front? Really!:rolleyes:

There will always be a mixed bag of answers because we all have different like's in entertainment.

Next year will be our first time on Celebrity. I'm seeing some posts that say the evening entertainment isn't that good or that it ends early. What can you tell me about the evening entertainment?

I can describe it in 1 word BORING!!!!