Scenic Eclipse

russg140

GRA

I feel your pain also on your canceled trip to Antarctica. Your anticipation and planning is almost as fun as taking the cruise. Now to wait again for a long period of time is not compensated.

To answer you: A full refund is acceptable but a discount on a future cruise booked by November 2018 at a 25% discount off full fair prices is not acceptable.

this cruise ship was set to sail on its maiden voyage in less than 2 months and today they tell us.

It must be our fault for not noticing any updates of videos of the Eclipse progress.

Dear wineforhealth,

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the delay of Scenic Eclipse which was caused by construction issues within the shipyard. Unfortunately the nature of ship construction is such that the delay was unforeseeable. Despite the best efforts of our Scenic Eclipse Build Supervision Team to make up construction time, we are not prepared to compromise the quality of the vessel and potentially impact guest experiences to meet the original late August launch date.

In addition to the full refund, we are committed to working closely with you to reschedule your trip to a suitable time, for travel within the next two years, and provide you a future cruise credit, up to the value of 25% of the cost of your rebooked cruise, should you rebook a Scenic Eclipse Voyage or a Scenic river cruise.

Best wishes,

The Scenic Team

Is anyone else having issue rebooking? They have zero availability for our Antartica this year and can only put us on over a year from our original sailing that canceled for January. The 25% discount is a joke. We have been booked on this since Feb 2016 and with 25% discount on the current rates we will have to pay MORE to be delayed over a year. Not at all acceptable customer service recovery.

Dear GRA,

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and in addition to the full refund, the Scenic team are committed to working closely with you to reschedule your trip to a suitable time, for travel within the next two years. We understand that availability is limited on certain destinations and appreciate the added complexity this has added to the process. If you wish to use your future cruise credit on an earlier journey, we are able to offer this on any of our Scenic River cruises in Europe (including Russia) or Asia rather than a new Scenic Eclipse Voyage. We encourage you to contact your travel agent to look at future departure availability.

Regards

The Scenic Team

I booked an "early booking discount fare" on my Scenic cruise and paid IN FULL in November 2017. To re-book, I am faced with the unacceptable situation of having to book a DIFFERENT ITINERARY on a MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE CRUISE, on the FULL FARE (and I have to decide and commit to all of that by November 2018).

The 25% discount is well short of adequate compensation.

I hope Scenic works collaboratively with all booked guests to resolve this situation quickly.

Dear cruising kirby,

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and in addition to the full refund, the Scenic team are committed to working closely with you to reschedule your trip to a suitable time, for travel within the next two years. We understand that availability is limited on certain destinations and appreciate the added complexity this has added to the process. If you wish to use your future cruise credit on an earlier journey, we are able to offer this on any of our Scenic River cruises in Europe (including Russia) or Asia rather than a new Scenic Eclipse Voyage. We encourage you to contact your travel agent to look at future departure availability.

Regards,

The Scenic Team

I agree that 25% off full fare is NOT ENOUGH!!!!!!! they need to entice us to re-book and this does NOT do it. the sailings are all much more expensive then the crossing we had signed up for. We should be able to book something that is at least 25% less per day then we had booked before. We have to arrange air and land for another trip and schedule our lives to fit it in.

I hope they amend the offer so that we will be interested in sailing with them. that is just my 2 cents worth.

Dear sharon2975,

Regards

The Scenic Team

Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons…..it now seems that the very first cruise Scenic Eclipse will be doing, will be Antarctica...is that correct? When there are any sort of "construction problems", would you really feel very safe being the FIRST Guinea Pigs, and heading to Antarctica? I think I would prefer that both the ship and the new crew would have had a few "shake down" cruises under their belts before heading to such a remote and dangerous area! Although I thought the submarines were going to be a brilliant addition, I certainly wouldn't be amongst the first to use them down there!

does anyone here think our posts are being read by someone empowers to help us???? the answers are so canned and do not address most of our concerns. Come on Scenic, for a six star luxury line you are not offering six star service and solutions here. Very disappointed.

Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons…..it now seems that the very first cruise Scenic Eclipse will be doing, will be Antarctica...is that correct? When there are any sort of "construction problems", would you really feel very safe being the FIRST Guinea Pigs, and heading to Antarctica? I think I would prefer that both the ship and the new crew would have had a few "shake down" cruises under their belts before heading to such a remote and dangerous area! Although I thought the submarines were going to be a brilliant addition, I certainly wouldn't be amongst the first to use them down there!

Dear 2seabournsailors,

The launch date of Scenic Eclipse has been delayed due to construction issues within the shipyard. Despite the best efforts of our Scenic Eclipse Build Supervision Team to make up construction time, we are not prepared to compromise the quality of the vessel and potentially impact guest experiences to meet the original late August launch date. Our commitment to world-class safety, innovation in design and quality appointments throughout, offering guests the experience of discovering the world in all-inclusive luxury remains our focus.

Best regards,

The Scenic Team

Interesting that scenic will just catch the end of the Antarctic season. I’m due to sail Feb 8th and made the third deposit just yesterday. Not an ideal situation knowing there could be further delays. Also, I was hoping the helicopter and sub excursions would have gained experience by my sailing to increase the chances of seeing more interesting sightings.

Dear salbags,

We recognise the inconvenience this will cause you and will provide you with a full refund for the cost of your Scenic Eclipse cruise and consideration of any other reasonable associated costs incurred with your travel plans.

You will be contacted as a matter of priority by your travel agent to assist in amending your travel arrangements.

Best wishes,

The Scenic Team

Whilst I appreciate your reply it is still the statement sent out to all and does not reassure that we will be compensated in full and as yet have had no individual contact from Scenic and as said by others when you take into account our original cost of cruise plus discounts for early payment etc, the offer of 25% off the 2019 cruise does not cover it. You really do need to do better if you want to restore faith and future bookings for your product.

I received a polite telephone call, yesterday, from Scenic Spain,informing me of my cancelled Cruise to Cuba, in October. I was asked if I wished to re-book or get a full refund. In view of my husband's age, it is difficult to plan a year ahead! I have asked for a full refund. Having said that, I am awaiting written communication from Scenic to hear what they say. I also,have two non refundable Business Class airline tickets from Spain to Miami that need to be taken into consideration! Will let you know the outcome.:(

We will provide guests with a full refund for the cost of their Scenic Eclipse cruise and consideration of any other reasonable associated costs incurred with travel plans.

Best regards,

The Scenic Team

Mistinguett

Above is from Scenic

I was told to include all Travel insurance cost (Trip Mate), non refundable airfare, travel cost and non refundable tours. Which are reasonable associated costs.

The issue at hand is most of us have made plans and schedule our lives out for the next years ahead. So rebooking puts most of us into 2020 cruise. Most have made travel plans pre and post cruise along with maybe meeting up with family and friends along the way. Some have purchased special clothes and items for their ports of call.

The discount on a future cruise is at question. The fairs have risen and your discount is only applied to the listed price and not the early bird fair most of us book.

I understand the delays in construction it happens all the time. Scenic had a Team watching over the building of Eclipse which began in November of 2016. Some where contract issues may have come into play

Most important the Safety of the ship and it passengers Is the ultimate consideration.

As I said before it just the beginning of the issue of reasonable compensation

Thank you for this information. Seems odd as last week it was on schedule and they had no issue taking our final

payment for an October sailing. I will follow up with our TA tomorrow.

I was looking forward to meeting you on the Cruise.Will be requesting a full refund and also compensation for our Business Class flights from Spain to Miami.

Mistinguett

Above is from Scenic

I was told to include all Travel insurance cost (Trip Mate), non refundable airfare, travel cost and non refundable tours. Which are reasonable associated costs.

The issue at hand is most of us have made plans and schedule our lives out for the next years ahead. So rebooking puts most of us into 2020 cruise. Most have made travel plans pre and post cruise along with maybe meeting up with family and friends along the way. Some have purchased special clothes and items for their ports of call.

The discount on a future cruise is at question. The fairs have risen and your discount is only applied to the listed price and not the early bird fair most of us book.

I understand the delays in construction it happens all the time. Scenic had a Team watching over the building of Eclipse which began in November of 2016. Some where contract issues may have come into play

Most important the Safety of the ship and it passengers Is the ultimate consideration.

As I said before it just the beginning of the issue of reasonable compensation

Thank you for that information, you have obviously spoken to someone in reference to this. Or did you receive information in writing? Are you dealing with the USA office? I have had such a problem with this booking from the beginning. Spain had to constantly speak to headquarters with regards any question I asked. Incidentally I was not permitted to book directly with the USA and pay in US dollars,had to convert to Euros and send Bank Transfers! Have sailed five time with Silversea and always paid by Credit Card in my preferred currency.

Fingers crossed we shall all receive back what we are due.

We had booked our own business class flights from UK for the Panama Canal cruise plus a 3 day pre cruise break in Miami Beach. They had better be included as reasonable additional costs as it is not covered by our travel insurance 😡

Ditto here. Booked our own BA flights Business Class to Miami from Spain, connecting through London. Hope they are considered "reasonable additional costs"!

Guess we are in the "same boat", or looks like we are not!:rolleyes:

I was looking forward to meeting you on the Cruise.Will be requesting a full refund and also compensation for our Business Class flights from Spain to Miami.

Likewise. Maybe we will meet in the future. We are asking for full refund. Fortunately, we hadn't booked the flights yet. They have offered us a similar cruise in October 2019. We have already been booked since June 2016. We are not going to rebook at this time. Cruise lines always offer specials. We are not interested in 25% off full list price.

I received a polite telephone call, yesterday, from Scenic Spain,informing me of my cancelled Cruise to Cuba, in October. I was asked if I wished to re-book or get a full refund. In view of my husband's age, it is difficult to plan a year ahead! I have asked for a full refund. Having said that, I am awaiting written communication from Scenic to hear what they say. I also,have two non refundable Business Class airline tickets from Spain to Miami that need to be taken into consideration! Will let you know the outcome.:(

Sounds like a wise decision. There are lots of cruise lines. Unfortunately we believed the hype for this one! I am sure that I saw a video that the ship had left the ship yard a few months back and it had gone for "finishing".

I concur! We have decided not to rebook at this time. We are going to monitor the first cruises and then make a decision.

Dear 2seabournsailors,

The launch date of Scenic Eclipse has been delayed due to construction issues within the shipyard. Despite the best efforts of our Scenic Eclipse Build Supervision Team to make up construction time, we are not prepared to compromise the quality of the vessel and potentially impact guest experiences to meet the original late August launch date. Our commitment to world-class safety, innovation in design and quality appointments throughout, offering guests the experience of discovering the world in all-inclusive luxury remains our focus.

Best regards,

The Scenic Team

Scenic Team: if I am not mistaken, you have missed the point of the post

I am sure this is not a fun time to be a Manager/Executive at Scenic. I get that life, despite one's best efforts, doesn't always go to plan. Given the long standing problems at the shipyard it would have been a miracle if the Eclipse was going to be ready by late August. Sometimes things are just out of our control.

But what is completely within Scenic's control is customer recovery. Cruises are not just a business, they represent guests dreams. So many of us have had our Eclipse bookings in place for well over year, with all the investment (financial and otherwise) that comes with lengthy planning. The compensation package is completely inadequate, those of us who have tried to re-book all know it, and I hope Scenic quickly moves to improve the offering to everyone before too much "bad blood" makes the situation unrecoverable.

Dear cruising kirby,

We apologise to affected guests for the inconvenience caused and can confirm that Scenic will provide a full refund for the cost of cancelled Scenic Eclipse cruises for all guests. Scenic will be contacting everyone affected by the delay as a matter of priority and will be managed in order of impacted sailing date.

Best regards,

The Scenic Team

To Scenic Team: we are booked on the October 18 Cuba in Depth cruise, and our TA is still waiting to hear about the details of the refund. When you say that you will be contacting everyone 'in order of impacted sailing date,' can you please tell me when I/my TA will be contacted?

I simply want my full refund in a timely manner, and have no interest in rebooking another cruise.

Sounds like a wise decision. There are lots of cruise lines. Unfortunately we believed the hype for this one! I am sure that I saw a video that the ship had left the ship yard a few months back and it had gone for "finishing".

Have already taken five on Silversea, looks as if a sixth will becoming up! When we booked in May we thought the ship was already finished! We then saw a small Video clip of just the Hull entering the water,about three weeks ago!:rolleyes: Why were they taking our money, and on top of that we were not permitted to pay by C/C had to do Bank Transfer! We were attracted to this cruise because of the Itinerary and the fact that USA citizens were able to go!

But what is completely within Scenic's control is customer recovery. Cruises are not just a business, they represent guests dreams. So many of us have had our Eclipse bookings in place for well over year, with all the investment (financial and otherwise) that comes with lengthy planning. The compensation package is completely inadequate, those of us who have tried to re-book all know it, and I hope Scenic quickly moves to improve the offering to everyone before too much "bad blood" makes the situation unrecoverable.

Well said, Cruising Kirby. I absolutely agree with you.

To Scenic Team: we are booked on the October 18 Cuba in Depth cruise, and our TA is still waiting to hear about the details of the refund. When you say that you will be contacting everyone 'in order of impacted sailing date,' can you please tell me when I/my TA will be contacted?

I simply want my full refund in a timely manner, and have no interest in rebooking another cruise.

My sentiments exactly,we would have been on the same cruise!