Driving from FLL to Miami Airport[fees]

stanky284

Driving down 95 going to airport. Fees if any and can I pay with cash?

On 95 itself, stay out of the express lanes (left 1 - 2 lanes) to avoid the express lanes tolls. However, to get to MIA, you need to exit 95 at either 112 (1st airport exit) or 836 (2nd airport exit) towards MIA, and there is now a toll on each highway going westbound to MIA.

Cash is not accepted, and the tolls are charged either to a SunPass or Toll-by-Plate.

Edited by brunello22

On 95 itself, stay out of the express lanes (left 1 - 2 lanes) to avoid the express lanes tolls. However, to get to MIA, you need to exit 95 at either 112 (1st airport exit) or 836 (2nd airport exit) towards MIA, and there is now a toll on each highway going westbound to MIA.

Cash is not accepted, and the tolls are charged either to a SunPass or Toll-by-Plate.

I've gone back roads when I have to go to the airport at the 5 pm time frame since all of this is bumper to bumper and of course no tolls. Would greatly prefer not to do this, but at 4:30 it's the only way!

OP, that would be an option as there wouldn't be a tolls then. It's an option. Will add time to your trip because you will have local traffic and lights but if not paying tolls is important it will take care of that.

I've gone back roads when I have to go to the airport at the 5 pm time frame since all of this is bumper to bumper and of course no tolls. Would greatly prefer not to do this, but at 4:30 it's the only way!

OP, that would be an option as there wouldn't be a tolls then. It's an option. Will add time to your trip because you will have local traffic and lights but if not paying tolls is important it will take care of that.

Yes, I do this as well, but you and I know the back roads very well. I wouldn't recommend someone not familiar with the Miami area to take an alternate route, as many areas off 95 are very dodgy. :eek: