Coco Cay Bungalows

parkridge

On our last Caribbean cruise in 2014 we booked an waterside bungalow. We had a waiter who brought us drinks and let us know when lunch was ready. It was good but a little pricey (for what you got). Would I do it again? Probably not. It's also important to note to those people indulging in drink after drink while lolling about in the water (in the sun) without a care in the world - one word - SUNBURN!

I do not have personal knowledge but I was on CoCo Cay last weekend and made sure to check out several of the beach options. Unfortunately, I did not go see the personal wooden huts. The "huts" are not on the beach.

The usable beach on Coco Cay is roughly U shaped. You disembark from the ferry/tender dock and the first beach on your left was closed off for construction. But, you only had to walk a short ways for the beach on your left to open up. There were no changes to that part of Coco Cay that I could tell. Lots of lounge chairs and you could rent an umbrella in that area. As you reach the bottom of the U, and start to turn back toward the ferry landing, you hit the clam shells section. They were in a small roped-off area just off the tip of Coco Cay. There is a floating bar very near them. The Clam shells did not look very inciting to me. Partial shade from the clam shell but otherwise nothing special. They were packed in there fairly closely although not as close as the other lounge chairs on the other beaches. As you continue to walk around the coast line, you come to the private cabanas. There were a bunch that had a living room setting - an L shaped couch under the canopy and then there were a bunch that looked like a King size bed under the canopy. Those canopies essentially had a private beach as there were very few people over there. However, there is nothing stopping from other people coming over to share that beach. There is a bar area near the canopies. Both the canopy set-ups looked quite nice and each came with two floating mats.

Edited by TSC

We'll be at Coco Cay for our January Silhouette cruise. I priced the bungalows via the Shore Excursions page and they are asking $195 per person --- and yes, I am sure it is per person, they quoted me $390 for the day. Seems high for a fairly short amount of time, but clearly they are selling or the price would come down.

We'll be at Coco Cay for our January Silhouette cruise. I priced the bungalows via the Shore Excursions page and they are asking $195 per person --- and yes, I am sure it is per person, they quoted me $390 for the day. Seems high for a fairly short amount of time, but clearly they are selling or the price would come down.[/QUOT

I did call celebrity and they assured me the cost is $195 for up to 6 persons. One person just has to reserve it not everyone using it.

I do not have personal knowledge but I was on CoCo Cay last weekend and made sure to check out several of the beach options. Unfortunately, I did not go see the personal wooden huts. The "huts" are not on the beach.

The usable beach on Coco Cay is roughly U shaped. You disembark from the ferry/tender dock and the first beach on your left was closed off for construction. But, you only had to walk a short ways for the beach on your left to open up. There were no changes to that part of Coco Cay that I could tell. Lots of lounge chairs and you could rent an umbrella in that area. As you reach the bottom of the U, and start to turn back toward the ferry landing, you hit the clam shells section. They were in a small roped-off area just off the tip of Coco Cay. There is a floating bar very near them. The Clam shells did not look very inciting to me. Partial shade from the clam shell but otherwise nothing special. They were packed in there fairly closely although not as close as the other lounge chairs on the other beaches. As you continue to walk around the coast line, you come to the private cabanas. There were a bunch that had a living room setting - an L shaped couch under the canopy and then there were a bunch that looked like a King size bed under the canopy. Those canopies essentially had a private beach as there were very few people over there. However, there is nothing stopping from other people coming over to share that beach. There is a bar area near the canopies. Both the canopy set-ups looked quite nice and each came with two floating mats.

I think there is a bit of confusion about the Cabanas which have been there and available only to suite guests ( absent a sell out of them ) and something different call Bungalows which may only now be under construction and available to everyone. In fact rentals for winter cruises have begun.

Anyone have any clarification to my understanding?