Flying into SFB, options to Port Canaveral?

someday.it.will.be.me

New user here but not new to cruising. This will be my 4th cruise and shortest one for a friend's bday. We opted for SFB and arrive pretty early around 9am. I've tried searching the boards for anything related to travel from Sanford but most are barely mentions while talking about MCO.

So we're strongly considering Uber to port as the estimate is around $50. I've used Uber in the past but it wasn't for a cruise and my husband was the one who had requested from his app. So I'm a little green. Has anyone taken uber from SFB to cruise terminal that can share how it went?

Are there other options you think are worth exploring instead? Just us two and two carry on bags. My biggest concern is returning to the airport morning of. Flight isn't until 1pm but you know how disembark can go some times and the airport is an hour away. (Although disembarking with 2 is much different than disembarking with family of 6!)

Any and all transportation BTDT from SFB are welcome! Thanks!!

New user here but not new to cruising. This will be my 4th cruise and shortest one for a friend's bday. We opted for SFB and arrive pretty early around 9am. I've tried searching the boards for anything related to travel from Sanford but most are barely mentions while talking about MCO.

So we're strongly considering Uber to port as the estimate is around $50. I've used Uber in the past but it wasn't for a cruise and my husband was the one who had requested from his app. So I'm a little green. Has anyone taken uber from SFB to cruise terminal that can share how it went?

Are there other options you think are worth exploring instead? Just us two and two carry on bags. My biggest concern is returning to the airport morning of. Flight isn't until 1pm but you know how disembark can go some times and the airport is an hour away. (Although disembarking with 2 is much different than disembarking with family of 6!)

Any and all transportation BTDT from SFB are welcome! Thanks!!

Okay so...the estimator you are using is incorrect. Sanford is an hour ride from Port Canaveral cheapest uber fare should be around $80-108+ for Uberx and $140 to 180+ for Uber Black...if you can get a driver to except the fare. So, that being said you can take a car service or shuttle each way. I would highly recommend looking at renting a car. The security is super quick at Sanford as we have really very few flights running.

Here is the link....

I only want to give you a heads up as even from MCO i have paid $100+ for uber black. I know the one uber estimator shows 46....but....a big but...I have heard the screams at a local hotel when people try to get it!

1286585209_Screenshot(44).jpg.623a23945e66035b04cf22239dd4a1fb.jpg

Edited by Magellan321

The $50 - $60 estimation for UberX from SFB is correct. The return trip from the Port is more expensive $80 - $100.

You will find plenty of Uber available near your terminal when you arrive back at Port Canaveral. No worries making a 1pm flight.

Edited by SteerageJoe