Family Harbor Lounge

goofygal531

Curious what breakfast and snack offerings are available. My kids like pancakes/waffles, hoping they offer more than just continental breakfast. Is soda available?

Also, what other perks does booking this category include? I always purchase FTTF, is that included or still a separate purchase?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Edited by goofygal531

I had a family harbor suite booked for 10 months, then switched to a Havana suite at the time of final payment. There really are no perks to booking the family harbor cabins unless you book a suite. Of course, they have the different decor and access to the lounge. Sodas are still an extra charge, as well as FTTF.

As I recall, the afternoon snack was cold sandwiches and desserts. Don't remember sodas, but they had juices. There is a coffee machine for various coffees including espresso and cappuccino. In the mornings, I wouldn't expect anything other than continental, but they may have changed. No extra charge.

Soda is not available, and FTTF is still separate. From the Carnival FAQs...

Guests in Family Harbor staterooms are entitled to:

• Exclusive, 24/7 Family Harbor Lounge access
  • Kids (under 12 years of age) eat free at the ‘for-pay’ dining restaurants (excluding Chef’s Table and the Seafood Shack) – Children must dine with adult and order off the kids’ menu.
  • One free attendance to Night Owls (up to 3 hours of free babysitting)
  • Use of child-size bathrobes

Family Harbor Lounge Features

The exclusive Family Harbor Lounge decorated in a nautical flag motif (in red, white, blue and yellow), is a secluded space designed as the ultimate family hang out.

Family Harbor Concierge

A Concierge is available to help with any family needs (3:00pm-5:00pm, daily)

• Book shore excursions
  • Make dining or spa reservations
  • Make requests for extra towels or other housekeeping needs
  • Register children for youth programs or sign up for Night Owls

Entertainment

• Family activities hosted by the youth staff
  • Large screen televisions
  • Programmed family movies with popcorn
  • Video game consoles, games and movies available
  • Hasbro board games readily available
  • Free internet when using the two computer terminals inside the Family Harbor Lounge

Breakfast and Snacks

• Continental buffet breakfast is open on port days, 6:30am-9:30am and sea days, 7:30am-10:30am, serving: pastries, yogurt, deli meats, cereal, cut fruit, coffee, tea, water and orange juice
  • Snack stations open daily, 3:00pm-5:00pm, serving: sandwiches, pastries and cookies
  • Cookies and milk at family bedtime, 7:00pm-11:00pm each evening
  • Swirls soft serve ice cream and frozen yogurt machine, 24/7

Soda is not available, and FTTF is still separate. From the Carnival FAQ

• Continental buffet breakfast is open on port days, 6:30am-9:30am and sea days, 7:30am-10:30am, serving: pastries, yogurt, deli meats, cereal, cut fruit, coffee, tea, water and orange juice
  • Snack stations open daily, 3:00pm-5:00pm, serving: sandwiches, pastries and cookies
  • Cookies and milk at family bedtime, 7:00pm-11:00pm each evening
  • Swirls soft serve ice cream and frozen yogurt machine, 24/7

all of which can be had at the lido buffet area. ice cream/yogurt is 24 hours there too. thats a hefty price difference there

all of which can be had at the lido buffet area. ice cream/yogurt is 24 hours there too. thats a hefty price difference there

True, but we just got off the Vista and had a Family Harbor suite right across from the lounge. It was very convenient to walk across the hall and get breakfast on excursion days and not deal with the crowd. Then, we just walked down the hall to get off the ship for our days in the Med.

We were offered an upgrade and took it, as I don't think I would have paid full price for the suite, but it sure was a nice experience.

• Like 1

Curious what breakfast and snack offerings are available. My kids like pancakes/waffles, hoping they offer more than just continental breakfast. Is soda available?

Also, what other perks does booking this category include? I always purchase FTTF, is that included or still a separate purchase?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

There was waffles. Don't recall pancakes. Also, was fresh cut fruit, oatmeal, sausages, bacon, along with deli meats, cheeses, danish, apple and orange juice, milk and coffee.

True, but we just got off the Vista and had a Family Harbor suite right across from the lounge. It was very convenient to walk across the hall and get breakfast on excursion days and not deal with the crowd. Then, we just walked down the hall to get off the ship for our days in the Med.

We were offered an upgrade and took it, as I don't think I would have paid full price for the suite, but it sure was a nice experience.

sailing the vista in February..> Im heading to deck plans to see if i should move now

I had a family harbor suite booked for 10 months, then switched to a Havana suite at the time of final payment. There really are no perks to booking the family harbor cabins unless you book a suite. Of course, they have the different decor and access to the lounge. Sodas are still an extra charge, as well as FTTF.

I disagree that there are no perks to booking FH. For my family, the lounge is a big perk.

My kids are not morning people. My wife and I are usually up before them on cruises and one of us will run to the buffet to grab something for them to eat and coffee for us. Having access to food right down the hall saves many trips to the lido in our PJs.

Also, we usually get the kids ready for dinner first and usually are just sitting watching TV for my wife to finishing getting ready. Now I can take them to the lounge and play board games which they love to do or play video game or even just get out of my wifes way.

My kids usually love the kids clubs and at least one night will ask to stay late depending on the activities. We get a night free now with this.

These were all big perks to us and the difference in price was not that much.

One thing I will add, which I did in my other thread (with pictures of our suite) is that the noise from the galley above (on deck 3) was kind of loud at times in the early morning. We were in a suite (cabin 2421) and most all of the suites are under the galley.

It would usually start around 3 am. Scraping, dragging, pounding, dropping things on the floor of the galley was their way of giving you a wake up call.

If you have an Ocean View, I think you will be all right, but if you are paying more for a suite, forget it. The last suites are right about in line with the elevators, which still puts you about the end of the galley near the start of the Main Dining Room. Where the OV's start and back, will probably be ok.

Edited by HawkIVette

Dear Karnyval,

Thank you.

I do appreciate especially on Carnival Ships a great Earl Grey aboard.

shipcompass.jpg

You're welcome. While Lipton continues to be complimentary on Carnival, Carnival's brand of Earl Grey is now from a premium company and is at extra charge. You are free to bring your own.

Dear Karnival,

TNX again.

I wonder what is next now paying for the SALEEN Air... :eek:

Yes we bring our own water ( so not from Salt Water and so -so much less sodium..) We pay less than .03 cents per bottle.

As well our own Dr Pepper and Root-Beer for Ice Cream Floats and shakes..

About 8-9 cents per can and give our aluminum tabs to the US Veterans.

Guess I am able to Pack a great Earl Grey too..eh..

Even on RCL :NYSE and that Cursed Ship with a Witch as a God Mother.. I know of no other ship in wriiten Maritime History which has that and the curse too now..

You're welcome. While Lipton continues to be complimentary on Carnival, Carnival's brand of Earl Grey is now from a premium company and is at extra charge. You are free to bring your own.

There was waffles. Don't recall pancakes. Also, was fresh cut fruit, oatmeal, sausages, bacon, along with deli meats, cheeses, danish, apple and orange juice, milk and coffee.

Thank you! I've read that now in several places that it's a bit more than just continental. That will be perfect for us!

NOPE cant afford that

I could do another vacation for the price upgrade...wowsers

We always book an 8E Balcony, the Family Cove Balcony was the same price so we took it. I'm hoping the convenience of the lounge will off set being on Deck 2 for my family. They prefer deck 9, right under the Lido.

We always book an 8E Balcony, the Family Cove Balcony was the same price so we took it. I'm hoping the convenience of the lounge will off set being on Deck 2 for my family. They prefer deck 9, right under the Lido.

We are booked on deck 9 Booked when pricing first came out so it was super cheap. Coves were cheaper but I didnt want to be under the galley nor have a closed in feeling so I didnt book that. The harbors are almost 450 more pp then what we paid==

• 2 years later...