Bottled water available in shop?

Strawberry field

Hi

I have only cruised once and that was on Britannia. My wife didn't go with me but we are both going next year on Aurora and I have a question. My wife for medical reasons can only drink bottled water are the larger bottles of water sold in the onboard shop? I know you can get the small bottles from the steward but she drinks a lot of it so the larger bottles would be more practical. She doesn't drink tea or coffee or even have ice in her drinks for the same reason. Last time I sailed I never thought of looking in the shop as I never had reason to.

I do know the water is fine in the cabin or anywhere else on the ship it's just her medical problem that means she has no choice about the bottled water.

Thanks for any help :)

I think you have to buy a big bottle of water from the bar stewards?

May be best for you to take a few bottles on with you and it would be cheaper to buy further supplies in the ports you stop at?

How silly of me I never even thought of buying it when in port. I should have given it more thought. Thanks for that :)

They sell 1.5 litre bottles for £1.95 from room service, as already said they do do a bulk buy discount with a free bottle included. We always order this when on warmer climate cruises. For me I am happy with the price and the convenience of not having to carry it back to ship in each port.

They sell 1.5 litre bottles for £1.95 from room service, as already said they do do a bulk buy discount with a free bottle included. We always order this when on warmer climate cruises. For me I am happy with the price and the convenience of not having to carry it back to ship in each port.

Thanks Pink-belle that's even better. It's not until next year so all I got to do is hope that the Aurora is as good as the Britannia was this year. I've not booked anything for 2018 yet just incase. I wish we could have afforded this sort of holiday years ago but alas real life got in the way :)

If you are sailing from a British port (assuming you are from the UK), it's just as easy to bring a wheelie carry on bag with a couple of multi-packs of bottled water. It's what my wife and I always do and much cheaper than buying water onboard.

If you are sailing from a British port (assuming you are from the UK), it's just as easy to bring a wheelie carry on bag with a couple of multi-packs of bottled water. It's what my wife and I always do and much cheaper than buying water onboard.

Must save you about £2.50 that :)

Hi

I have only cruised once and that was on Britannia. My wife didn't go with me but we are both going next year on Aurora and I have a question. My wife for medical reasons can only drink bottled water are the larger bottles of water sold in the onboard shop? I know you can get the small bottles from the steward but she drinks a lot of it so the larger bottles would be more practical. She doesn't drink tea or coffee or even have ice in her drinks for the same reason. Last time I sailed I never thought of looking in the shop as I never had reason to.

I do know the water is fine in the cabin or anywhere else on the ship it's just her medical problem that means she has no choice about the bottled water.

Thanks for any help :)

We purchased bottled still water from the cabin steward - about £9 / £10 for 6 bottles about 1.5 litres each. Ordered it and it was with us within minutes.

Yes I live in Southampton but with suit, dress shirt, carry on and juggling with tickets passport etc I think I will give that a miss. Of course my wife could carry it on though after all it's her water :D

Thanks to everyone for your replies :)

Is it only still water available to buy in 1.5 litre bottles? I rather like the fizzy stuff and generally bring my own on board (along with a few bottles of "grown up grape juice). I do find it a bit of a faff to drag it along with me so if I could get it on board for what seems a very reasonable price that would be wonderful.