On Enchantment with the premium beverage package that was auto upgraded to deluxe.

4merlurker

Last night at dinner denied a cappuccino by server and asked to pay to upgrade to deluxe by Matra'd. This am was able to get iced chai and macciato at coffee stand on deck 6 no problem. I'm bringing the upgrade notice to dinner tonight.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Jeez you would expect the maitre d to at least know the changes. Isn't he considered a boss? :rolleyes:

I wish I had saved my card from 9/12 on Enchantment I did not have a sticker. It was a symbol imbedded in the card. It was automatically updated upon arrival. I had no trouble getting any of the included beverages that I wanted in the new program. The only thing I did not request was the fresh squeezed oj.

I have a suspicion that RCL tries to communicate these new / changed policies to all its ship employees in the form of printed announcements or emails which just like any of us when we get a notice we dont pay special attention to it. Over time this stuff trickles down via word of mouth and complaints (Bad way to do it) but RCL has 60,000 employees from many countries where English is their second language and one can only assume there will be challenges getting new information out to that crew. I can honestly say there have been plenty of times where i've sent bosses emails (marked urgent etc) all to find out they never bothered to read them at all. Like everyone says, give this a few months, keep your cool when something like this happens and they will make it right since we all know what we should be getting.

We were auto-upgraded on the Sept 8th Anthem sailing. We purchased Premium Package (PP) on sale a few months before and the sticker on our cards was Ultimate (UP). I hadn't even heard that there was a change in packages as we were in NYC for several days and I did not get on Cruise Critic.