Port Shuttle In Tianjin?

vintagegarage

I'm planning to be on the Volendam in March, 2017, and the itinerary calls for the ship to be in Tianjin for two days. The first day, I booked a ship sponsored excursion to Beijing, but for the second day, I'd just like to go in to Tianjin and walk around. I see that the ship docks several miles from the entrance to the port. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle that takes you from the ship to the entrance to the port, either provided by the port itself, or perhaps a ticket of some sort that you can buy onboard the ship?

SilvertoGold..

Your info is much appreciated and it confirms the email I got a minute ago from from HAL Ship Services.. saying:

We do offer the shuttle service to AEON MALL in Tianjin (port is Xingang). You will be able to book once onboard and it will be charged to you onboard account.

So that is my plan for the second day in Tianjin (Xingang). I'm already looking forward to the trip..

Tianjin has never been on my bucket list, so I have no plan yet, but I won't just wander around. It will take me a few nights of research to come up with maps and a plan. I do see that google street view isn't available there, so that makes it a bit tougher, but it looks like an easy walk from the AEON mall to the metro station. It looks to be a two hour metro ride from there to the center of Tianjin, but I don't yet know yet what I'd like to see in Tianjin, or if something interesting to me might be closer to port. None of the sights on the "Best of Tianjin" ship tour interest me. I also really don't want to loose an hour or two of sight-seeing to stop for an organized lunch. Since I will likely never be in Tianjin again, I will work up some sort of full day plan.

SilvertoGold..

Your info is much appreciated and it confirms the email I got a minute ago from from HAL Ship Services.. saying:

We do offer the shuttle service to AEON MALL in Tianjin (port is Xingang). You will be able to book once onboard and it will be charged to you onboard account.

So that is my plan for the second day in Tianjin (Xingang). I'm already looking forward to the trip..

That is what we did the second day on one cruise. Worked well and we enjoyed the day.

I would be looking forward to this trip, too! Have a great time.

Tianjin has never been on my bucket list, so I have no plan yet, but I won't just wander around. It will take me a few nights of research to come up with maps and a plan. I do see that google street view isn't available there, so that makes it a bit tougher, but it looks like an easy walk from the AEON mall to the metro station. It looks to be a two hour metro ride from there to the center of Tianjin, but I don't yet know yet what I'd like to see in Tianjin, or if something interesting to me might be closer to port. None of the sights on the "Best of Tianjin" ship tour interest me. I also really don't want to loose an hour or two of sight-seeing to stop for an organized lunch. Since I will likely never be in Tianjin again, I will work up some sort of full day plan.

Did some research for a previous cruise and also had no interest in the Best of Tainjin HAL tour. Here is a site that may help: travelchinaguide.com/map/tianjin/

I did find an interactive google map: 24timezones.com/mapa/tianjin.php

Take us Away,

That first map link is very helpful. When I print the map on an 8.5 by 11 sheet of paper, all of the locations and street names are sharp enough to read clearly. Most maps that cover that much territory end up a bit blurry, and sometimes too blurry to be useful. Thanks.. much appreciated..

We did the second day in Tianjin, a very interesting city. Take the port shuttle to the metro station, ride the train to Tianjin. Research the sites and have a walking plan. Highlights were the European Style homes and restaurants, the pedestrian shops street, and the park near the river. These are off the top of my head, one of our group of three couples planned our route in advance. Couldn't have had a nicer day. There is nothing to do at the shopping center where the HAL shuttle drops you off.