First time cruising. Independence of the Seas October

fatherboyle

Hi. Me my partner and three kids will be going on our first cruise on the 13th October from Southampton. I have some questions that I hope someone can help with.

If we wanted to put cash down to cover costs can we do this? If so is it in dollars?

Can we keep topping this up with cash if we get close to the limit or do we then have to provide a debit or credit card?

Thanks

Tracy

Royal permits you to charge up to $500US to the account before being required to come back to GS and pay it down.. as to whether they will allow Pounds Sterling or not, no clue as I have never sailed out of SH so don't know whether they price everything in US or UK dollars.

you may just want to make it is easy on yourself, put a credit card down to secure the account(s) and then just pay in cash as you go along.

debit cards are never advised as the holds put on them can take several weeks to be released.

keep in mind that you can turn OFF charging on the kids' cards but this will not affect their ability to charge in the Arcade. ( but what they don't know.....)

Hi. Me my partner and three kids will be going on our first cruise on the 13th October from Southampton. I have some questions that I hope someone can help with.

If we wanted to put cash down to cover costs can we do this? If so is it in dollars?

Can we keep topping this up with cash if we get close to the limit or do we then have to provide a debit or credit card?

Thanks

Tracy

everything is done is US $$$. I've never done cash versions but judging by the way they deal with cards, if you pay in GB ££££s, the exchange rate they apply will be penal.

Edited by Sancho_proudfoot

just got off Independence.

If you want to prepay ratehr than using your credit card is to buy on board credit before you board.

I bought $600 worth to cover the gratuities and to upgrade my drinks package.

Got a better exchange rate ($1.43 at the time) onboard its around $1.23 and avoided the 3% card transaction fee.

Just call RCL and buy it over the phone.

Edited by Bobblehat71

If we wanted to put cash down to cover costs can we do this? Yes - in fact you can charge $500 before you even have to put any cash down. If so is it in dollars? Yes

Can we keep topping this up with cash if we get close to the limit or do we then have to provide a debit or credit card? As above, you have to pay every $500. You don't need to put down a card at all if you don't want to. I would suggest checking your account closely the last night and make sure there are no unexpected or last minute charges as you won't be allowed to get off the ship and it could be a hassle to have to go back to gust services at that point.

Thanks

Tracy

answers in bold, enjoy your cruise