NCL - port cancellation question

blocrates

Hello all. First time poster here. I have a cruise booked with NCL, from Rome to Dubai that leaves at the end of October. We found out a few weeks back that they have canceled our Port Said stop, meaning that we will miss out on seeing the Pyramids.

I'm aware of the power that cruise companies have to change itineraries, but I've see no warnings about Egypt at all. Queries to guest services get first ignored, then directed to guest relations in Florida for written complaint. Does anyone know what happened? Is there a tiny change that they will change their mind and still port there? I've read that happens occasionally, even mid cruise. I am going on my honeymoon, and the pyramids (though I know many have said it's not that special) were a key attraction for us.

Thank you for your thoughts and comments.

Hello all. First time poster here. I have a cruise booked with NCL, from Rome to Dubai that leaves at the end of October. We found out a few weeks back that they have canceled our Port Said stop, meaning that we will miss out on seeing the Pyramids.

I'm aware of the power that cruise companies have to change itineraries, but I've see no warnings about Egypt at all. Queries to guest services get first ignored, then directed to guest relations in Florida for written complaint. Does anyone know what happened? Is there a tiny change that they will change their mind and still port there? I've read that happens occasionally, even mid cruise. I am going on my honeymoon, and the pyramids (though I know many have said it's not that special) were a key attraction for us.

Thank you for your thoughts and comments.

If there is a specific place that is really important to you then a cruise is probably not the answer. You should plan a land based trip for those destinations. We've had skipped ports due to weather and civil unrest.

They can and do get cancelled for other reasons too.

BTW: For me, seeing the pyramids in the distance was better than actually going to them.

Edited by psbtrvlr

Thank you all for the comments. There is no State Department alert or warning for Egypt. That is why it was so puzzling. There is a general advisory about caution, but nothing so escalated.

I'm glad some confirmed that the pyramids are underwhelming. I would be glad to see them at a distance though, as I had no intention of going to Egypt again, but perhaps now I will.