Platinum Dinner Voucher ...Using as a solo traveler

jaja

The last info re: dining solo with platinum voucher posted here was from January..

I would love to know of any more recent experiences (esp for Gem) ..re: if dinner can be split for 2 nights..?

TIA

The last info re: dining solo with platinum voucher posted here was from January..

I would love to know of any more recent experiences (esp for Gem) ..re: if dinner can be split for 2 nights..?

TIA

The voucher clearly says dinner for two. With that in mind, I always ask the maitre 'd in Le Bistro during the first meal if (s)he is amenable to my coming back the next night for a second meal. I haven't been told "no" yet. BTW, the first time I asked if I could use the voucher a second time, I was told by the maitre 'd that I was more than welcome to come back for the second meal so long as I ate at his restaurant. As always, your experience may vary from ship to ship and from employee to employee. Good luck!

The voucher clearly says dinner for two. With that in mind, I always ask the maitre 'd in Le Bistro during the first meal if (s)he is amenable to my coming back the next night for a second meal. I haven't been told "no" yet. BTW, the first time I asked if I could use the voucher a second time, I was told by the maitre 'd that I was more than welcome to come back for the second meal so long as I ate at his restaurant. As always, your experience may vary from ship to ship and from employee to employee. Good luck!

Wow, this is good to know. It never hurts to ask, right? :) I never would have thought of doing this.

I had a voucher to Le Bistro on my Getaway cruise that went to waste because I couldn't get a reservation, but I was never turned away anywhere when I just showed up as a solo. This time on Escape I'm going to try being more strategic, especially if there's a voucher involved.

Worth a try :D

On the older thread...someone mentioned seeing the Lattitudes person and ask if a second solo (meal only..not wine) voucher could be issued....was planning on doing that...assuming I can figure out who the "Lattitudes person" is :confused:

Go to your Roll Call and "advertise" there.

Could work, depending on the roll call. The solos on mine seem to be shaping up as a young male party crowd.

I'll scope out the situation once onboard.

You know, it was one thing to be seated as a solo at a big table of strangers with traditional dining in the good old days, and I was always fine with that. In fact, I prefer it.

Now, I'm leery of going potluck on dinner for two. Maybe I'm getting pickier with age.

I usually strike up conversations with other women I see alone, and that often turns into invitations to meals. Fingers crossed. :D

Worth a try :D

On the older thread...someone mentioned seeing the Lattitudes person and ask if a second solo (meal only..not wine) voucher could be issued....was planning on doing that...assuming I can figure out who the "Lattitudes person" is :confused:

I have never had an issue splitting a Platinum dinner between two meals. The latitudes person who you are looking for and who can help make this happen is the Cruise Next manager. Their hours are usually posted in the daily. Or as Bruce mentioned speak directly with the manager at Le Bistro/ La Cucina.

Rochelle

I have never had an issue splitting a Platinum dinner between two meals. The latitudes person who you are looking for and who can help make this happen is the Cruise Next manager. Their hours are usually posted in the daily. Or as Bruce mentioned speak directly with the manager at Le Bistro/ La Cucina.

Rochelle

This is what I did as well. We had 3 in our cabin that were Platinum last cruise. I approached the Maitre'D at Le Bistro and explained the odd # dining issue and asked if he could split one of my son's 2 dinners into 2 nights to dine with us. He acknowledged and agreed to accommodate us but just requested us to remind him when we showed up for our dinner reservations.

On the GEM what restaurants will accept the platinum vouchers? Can it be used at more then LeBistro? My hubby won't go there again, he hated it

As I recall..on the Gem...it was LeBistro and LaCuchina...

TIA

I just used mine for two nights on the Escape two weeks ago, but you have to go back to the same restaurant for the second night. I chose two nights at Le Bistro.

Edited by Lido_Deck

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to all for the advice....I promise to post and let you know how I make out..;)

As promised...update....

I did go to the Lattitudes/Cruise Next staff....NO voucher splitting allowed.

I went to LeBistro solo..and the MaitreD did NOT offer that I return.

ALSO...of note....on the voucher it does say that 18% service charge will be automatically added to your onboard account :eek:

It never appeared on my account...maybe they are considering this??? and have printed vouchers ready to go...

NCL...are you kidding...charge me for a gift??? IF indeed that is implemented that would really be tacky..

As promised...update....

I did go to the Lattitudes/Cruise Next staff....NO voucher splitting allowed.

I went to LeBistro solo..and the MaitreD did NOT offer that I return.

ALSO...of note....on the voucher it does say that 18% service charge will be automatically added to your onboard account :eek:

It never appeared on my account...maybe they are considering this??? and have printed vouchers ready to go...

NCL...are you kidding...charge me for a gift??? IF indeed that is implemented that would really be tacky..

The Maitre D didn't offer because you didn't ask.

I don't think the Cruise Next person is the right person to ask because they don't really deal with (or interested in) restaurant reservations. You should have asked the person that sits at a desk or the end of the Guest Services counter during the day that makes specialty restaurant reservations.

I split my voucher as a solo diner on the Escape last month with no problems at all, but you have to ask. There was no gratuity added to my account either.

I agree, you have to ask for what you want. But the only person whose answer counts for anything is the manager on duty at Le Bistro (or La Cucina) when you try to come back for a second meal. If they decide to be a stickler for the rules, they won't care who else you talked to who promised you that you could split the voucher. Unless you go to the top and talk to the food & beverage manager or the HD.