Anyone uses inter cruises?

danielundecided

Hi,

With our select fare benefit of our cruise next year (and the year after) we chose the coach transfers (worth £350 to us) and P&O have directed us to inter cruises - upon doing a bit of window shopping tonight I can only find horror stories of them!!

Can anyone let me know what they are actually like - am I over thinking or should I be worried?!

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've used both Eavesway and Intercruise/Cruise Connect, and found little or no difference. I don't find Eavesway coaches particularly comfortable. Also you have the added protection on Intercruise as it is the official partner. On my last cruise there was a couple who's luggage ended up on the wrong ship, but as they had travelled on Eavesway there was nothing they, or P & O could do.

We have used Intercruises (and Easveway) Cruise coaches many times and never had problems.Its great being able to hand your suitcases to the driver and next time you see them they are in your cabin! We find it far more relaxing than driving and because P and O now have a contact with Intercruises-previously with Easvway it means if there are holdups on the motorway the ship would probably wait(at least thats what I hope!!)

Fanged Rose

We are travelling down to Southampton on Wednesday with Easvway.Have to keep an eye on our suitcases!! but as you say as Intercruises is the official partner with P and O now there shouldn t be a problem with them

We have used Intercruises (and Easveway) Cruise coaches many times and never had problems.Its great being able to hand your suitcases to the driver and next time you see them they are in your cabin! We find it far more relaxing than driving and because P and O now have a contact with Intercruises-previously with Easvway it means if there are holdups on the motorway the ship would probably wait(at least thats what I hope!!)

Or at least responsible for getting you to the ship if it has sailed, and for accommodation etc.

Independent travellers ie Eavesway are on their own. Much as if you go onshore at ports as opposed to taking a ship's tour.

Yes they do wait for the coaches. On our last cruise there was an accident causing a big hold up and long delay. The sailing was delayed as we waited for the coaches to arrive.

I knew P&O had discontinued their agreement with Easvway but didn't realise Intercruises were the new preferred choice.

Yes they do wait for the coaches. On our last cruise there was an accident causing a big hold up and long delay. The sailing was delayed as we waited for the coaches to arrive.

I knew P&O had discontinued their agreement with Easvway but didn't realise Intercruises were the new preferred choice.

Presumably if there was a big hold up due to an accident it would result in the majority of passengers being late so of course the ship is more likely to wait. I'm not sure that the ship would not wait for just one coach. As Intercruise is their 'official partner', not just preferred choice, it would be up to P & O to assist you. They are not obliged to do anything if you are travelling by any other means.

Several years ago I was on a fly cruise with another cruiseline. Very many passengers did not make it due to weather closing various airports etc. Those who had purchased a package were put up in hotels etc. and flown out to catch the ship at the next port. Those who travelled independently were left to do as best they could on their own.

When P&O first changed to intercruises we had the journey from hell down to Southampton and decided to use Eavesway the next time, since then a friend told us that Intercruises had got their act together so we gave them another try and everything was fine so we have used them twice more and have them booked for December this year. They still seem to be using various contracted coach companies but the ones that they are using now seem to have decent reliable coaches. We only go by coach during the winter, in the summer months we drive down so I don't know the standard of coaches at busy holiday times.

On our first P&O cruise we used Eavesway and have used Intercruise twice when they became the preferred official bus company. We honestly found no difference at all, they both used luxury coaches and both stop at motorway service stations during the journey. The only difference for us was they started at different places. They take your luggage and you don't see it until it arrives in your cabin.

On our first P&O cruise we used Eavesway and have used Intercruise twice when they became the preferred official bus company. We honestly found no difference at all, they both used luxury coaches and both stop at motorway service stations during the journey. The only difference for us was they started at different places. They take your luggage and you don't see it until it arrives in your cabin.

Earlier this year I booked an Eavesway cruise transfer and was non-plussed to find that they had changed their pick up point. No biggy but it did mean a trip across the city instead of 5 mins down the road, but no problem at 5am. However, 2 weeks before the cruise I received a phone call from Eavesway asking if I could join at a service station some 20 mins further away. Probably further as it would be on the wrong carriageway and would have to carry onto next junction and double back. I declined but was told that it was the last time they would be using any pick up points in the city.

Upon arrival at pick up point I discovered that other passengers had received the same call asking them to change but as they had booked rooms at the hotel which was the pick up point had also declined.

Next cruise was pleasantly suprised to find that Intercruise was sticking with the 'traditional' pick up point, and even better was a whole hour later😊. (6.15am rather than 5.15am). Believe me, that extra hour in bed, will make staying awake during first night dinner a helluva lot easier.