Oasis trip booked-- tell me about the dining!

DisGeebs

Sorry to hijack but this is our first time on a cruise (first ever vacation actually) so thank you for the detailed post.

Does this mean that if we want water or soda with a meal we will be charged for it? Even if the place we are eating is not a specialty restaurant? If so, I'm wondering if there is somewhere we can buy a case of water and some apple juice for our kids to leave in our room?

Yes soda at any restaurant is an added charge. Tap water at dinner is part of the service. I am hoping others will post an answer to your question about juice. You can not bring water on board... there is a package that includes bottled water, see the link below it goes through the alcohol and non alcohol packages. I think I have read something about getting small milk cartons from the windjammer to have in your room... but I am not sure about juice boxes.... Perhaps another cruiser can provide more info on this topic...

You can get orange juice, not fresh squeezed, at breakfast... in either the main dinning room and windjammer... fresh squeezed is extra. FYI at lunch time the windjammer have, iced tea and things like lemonade, kiwi drink of some sort.. Fruity... one of my few complaints is that these are watered down. But since I am in a perpetual state of attempted weight loss... that does not bother me all that much.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

You can not bring water on board

While official policy says that you can't, in practice on most sailings for most ships this rule is disregarded. You can just slap a luggage tag on a case of water or soda and it will be delivered to your stateroom with the rest of your luggage.