Thank you AmaWaterways!!!

Imasima752

Still cannot stop smiling since I read an email this evening from our travel agent - Ama has upgraded us from our AA cabin to a suite for free! Since I first communicated with Ama last year, I’ve had nothing but great experiences as everyone I’ve spoken with has been so pleasant and helpful. So glad we chose Ama and cannot wait until our cruise :)!

Happy for you!

We received the same upgrade on another carrier for an upcoming trip.

I suspect at least two factors are at work.

1. Some are canceling their trips due to bombings, etc. in Europe.

2. Recent rapid expansion in the number of ships plying the rivers has caused difficulty in filling ships, so it's easier to upgrade existing passengers and try to sell lower- priced cabins they vacate. Also, better to maintain the appearance that suites are still in high demand by filling them with upgrades.

P.S. I will NOT be sharing details of our good fortune with anyone we chat with on our cruise, as there's always someone who believes they "deserve" the upgrade more.

Enjoy your good fortune!!

Thank you and congrats to you! I’m not going to question why, just enjoy :-). Like you, I won’t say anything to the other passengers. I’m not even telling anyone here at home (well, except for DH, my mom and one of our daughters) as I know what you mean. I’m always happy when I hear about someone else’s good fortune but we’re not all the same.

Where are you going on your trip? I hope you’ll have a fantastic time :-).

How far out are you from your departure date? I noticed on Uniworld's website if you are Heritage club members you can get a one category upgrade. It states 45 days before departure. Probably depends on occupancy of the ship! I will contact TA when we are close to our departure date... Good for you .. I am happy for you .Enjoy your cruise..

How far out are you from your departure date? I noticed on Uniworld's website if you are Heritage club members you can get a one category upgrade. It states 45 days before departure. Probably depends on occupancy of the ship! I will contact TA when we are close to our departure date... Good for you .. I am happy for you .Enjoy your cruise..

A category upgrade is a great membership offer and I hope you'll be able to get it. We're river cruise newbies so no memberships for us yet. Where are you going on your cruise? As of today, I can finally say our trip is next month :)!!!

We are cruising Rhine and Moselle ... Third cruise with Uniworld. Last year we cruised to Paris and Normandy booked about a month out with another good deal on Avalon. It was awesome everything superb. Uniworld is all inclusive and we book with the best price..you will get addicted to River cruising. We had no intention of booking a cruise until we viewed the Uniworld promotion. Couldn't pass it up.. Enjoy..

Sounds wonderful! I'm all about getting good deals and will definitely need them as I can see river cruising being addictive. I'm a planner and try to book our trips as far in advance as possible, but if a good deal came up and we had the money, I'd jump on it. I also looked at Uniworld and Avalon and would consider them if they have a cruise that fits our needs, though DH isn't a fan of Uniworld's decor :rolleyes:.