Guarantee assignment?

mchelle77

We have a group of 14 on the Breakaway in 2+ weeks and my nephew had a guarantee inside - when do they usually assign those? And does he find out by just logging in and checking the stateroom number that way? I have no experience with guarantees, we always do a balcony and choose the area of the ship we want, so I can't help him at all.

I booked a guarantee on the Getaway sailing 11.13.16. He would want to long into MY NCL and look at his vacation summary. This will eventually tell him his room number. My was assigned this morning. It is true though NCL can wait till assign until the day of cruise. Sometimes, this is great as it can lead to an Upgrade!!!!

It's not a hard and fast rule, but sometimes the later the assignment the better chance of an upgrade.

I've been on 3 NCL cruises, went GTY on each one. On the two that I booked less than a week out from sailing I was upgraded to a minisuite. The one that I booked 2+ weeks out got a less desirable room in a less desirable section.

I booked a BD balcony but it was a guarantee on Getaway 2 weeks before departure date and was assigned a B9 spa balcony about 2 days after booking. The upgrade gods were very good to me! It does happen! :)

Edited by PRgymnast
forgot key element of story

I booked two gty balcony cabins. NCL assigned cabins about a week later (5 weeks before sail date). We were assigned mid ship balconies on decks 10 and 13. Would have preferred same deck but otherwise very happy with allocation. 21 days to go Amd very exited 😃