Boarding times

AKtoFL

NCL escape we just signed up & boarding time is 4-4:30, that is really a late boarding time, can you show up earlier or will they not let you board till your time?

NCL does not CURRENTLY enforce any type of CHECK-IN times other than they don't open the doors for check-in until they are ready. Usually by 10:00am. At least one other cruise line (Carnival) has started rolling out enforced check-in time slots, but NCL has not announced it yet. I think it is a matter of time before other cruise lines start doing this in one manner or another, but NCL hasn't yet. The time printed on your paperwork is an attempt to spread out the port arrivals, but it is not enforced.

BOARDING usually begins between 11:30 and Noon, depending on how fast they clear out the ship from the previous cruise and re-set the computers to start boarding.

NCL escape we just signed up & boarding time is 4-4:30, that is really a late boarding time, can you show up earlier or will they not let you board till your time?

Muster is at 4:30. If you arrive at 4:00, at best you will board into a sea of passengers going to their muster station, worst you miss muster and spend part of your first day at a make up drill.

What time is your ship scheduled to depart? I've never heard of a boarding time that late for a sailing from the USA, but if the ship isn't leaving till 9pm or something it would make more sense. Typically they leave at 4pm or 5pm, so the boarding time you mentioned would not work for their usual departure times, and you have to get there significantly earlier.

What time is your ship scheduled to depart? I've never heard of a boarding time that late for a sailing from the USA, but if the ship isn't leaving till 9pm or something it would make more sense. Typically they leave at 4pm or 5pm, so the boarding time you mentioned would not work for their usual departure times, and you have to get there significantly earlier.

The OP states (in the message you quoted - second word) that they are on the Escape. The Escape has a 7 pm or 8 pm departure time (varies by departure date) out of Miami.

Edited by BirdTravels

The OP states (in the message you quoted - second word) that they are on the Escape. The Escape has a 7 pm or 8 pm departure time (varies by departure date) out of Miami.

Wow! Rude much? I never asked what ship they were on, I simply said to check the departure time, as I hadn't heard of that late a departure from the US.

Wow! Rude much? I never asked what ship they were on, I simply said to check the departure time, as I hadn't heard of that late a departure from the US.

Ships that come to mind include the Sun out of Seward, Escape out of Miami, Pride of America out if Honolulu.

You should be able to board early, if I remember correctly from looking at the freestyle dailies the muster drill is at the same time, if boarding after the drill you will need to attend the make up the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our next cruise isn't with NCL, however, the MSC Divina leaves at 7PM and seems to me there are other cruise lines starting to do this as well. Someone suggested that it's to give passengers travelling from Europe or Australia, more time to get to port without the worry of missing the ship. Some say it's just to stagger departing ships to lessen port congestion, so perhaps it's a combination.

Cheers,