Disembarkation from Sunshine NYC

angiei812

Hi,

I have a question on the disembarkation process. Can someone explain the choice of either taking your own luggage off the ship yourself, or leaving it outside of your cabin? I have only been on one cruise nearly 20 years ago, and we had no choice - had to leave the luggage outside the cabin the night before.

What are the benefits/or disadvantages? We are healthy and used to dealing with our luggage so that is not an issue.

I am trying to avoid standing in a long line to get off the ship, and would rather either hustle before everyone OR (even better) enjoy breakfast, call our taxi and then get off in a more leisurely manner. Is that possible?

And now that I think about it, when we are in port at St. John/Halifax, can we get off when we wish, or are there times assigned?

Thanks!

Angie

Hi,

I have a question on the disembarkation process. Can someone explain the choice of either taking your own luggage off the ship yourself, or leaving it outside of your cabin? I have only been on one cruise nearly 20 years ago, and we had no choice - had to leave the luggage outside the cabin the night before.

What are the benefits/or disadvantages? We are healthy and used to dealing with our luggage so that is not an issue.

I am trying to avoid standing in a long line to get off the ship, and would rather either hustle before everyone OR (even better) enjoy breakfast, call our taxi and then get off in a more leisurely manner. Is that possible?

And now that I think about it, when we are in port at St. John/Halifax, can we get off when we wish, or are there times assigned?

Thanks!

Angie

You can carry your own bags off the ship or you can leave them outside the night before. I've sailed from NYC a lot and it is very easy.

In St. John and Halifax you can get off the ship as soon as it's cleared.

I'm also doing this itinerary on October 8. I only travel with a carry on so I just wheel it on and off the ship.

Usually I'm lucky...last few times I was off the ship before 8AM and back home by 9:30!

These days a lot of people do the walk-off with your luggage, so I don't think you're going to avoid a long line unless you're platinum/diamond.

The advantage to putting your luggage out the night before is you're not rushed off the ship in the morning. Can take a leisurely breakfast, etc.

We were on an early September NE/Canada Sunshine cruise and were at the dock by 7 and off the ship in the first (platinum/diamond) group by 7:40.

Have a great cruise!

Hi,

Thanks!

Angie

Just returned from 9/24 Sunshine sailing. If the Regal Princess is docked in Halifax the Sunshine will not dock in the main cruise ship terminal. Shuttle buses will be provided to the main terminal. If you are Platinum or Diamond, you will have priority shuttle service and will be directed to a separate lounge and will be one of the first off the ship unless you have an early tour.

MARAPRINCE