Miracle 10/23 review - the "War and Peace" of ship reviews

Timmys_mom

I mostly drank Pina Coladas with the extra test tube of Jamaican rum. DH had a Big Rita which I found to be very tasty. We all ordered our first drinks in the take-home glasses. I loved Buffet's in Ocho Rios. Considering how long we sat there, the price was right. Also, there were guards stationed on the beach to keep the trinket sales people from becoming really annoying. If you wanted to check out what they were selling you could walk over. The water was shallow and warm off the beach and the bar pool was well clorinated. My DH got hit in the nose by a woman coming down the water slide and wound up with a bloody nose. The staff was all over him, taking care of him and making sure he was okay. Camille, our waitress, made sure we were well supplied with Kami shots.

who's picture is that in your avatar? that's not you is it? she looks familiar to me!

Shelly, really enjoyed reading your review - we too absolutely loved the Miracle and are doing it again in February. I must say, you are some writer - absolutely hysterical!! And some great tips. BTW, can't tell from your signature, but this wasn't your first cruise, was it? You should like a seasoned cruiser. So,when is your next one?? :)

BTW, can't tell from your signature, but this wasn't your first cruise, was it? You should like a seasoned cruiser. So,when is your next one?? :)

Yes, that was my first cruise. I was just so well informed from all you professional cruisers here at cc.com that I was able to apply for the position of Julie McCoy for our group. I even received a bottle of my favorite Estee Lauder perfume for my efforts. Next cruise, my BIL Pedro is in charge. He was designated Julie-in-training during the cruise. Next time, I'm coasting.

With a $1,000 S-n-S bill and almost $700 on the accepted-all-over-the-world (damn the bad luck) credit card, it may be a while. I'm thinking March.:D

Great review Shelly, and thanks for the tip on the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour!

AVC, wasn't that a deluxe mac 'n cheese that had chicken (meow) in it? Thanks to your review I've made a mental note not to stop there ;) .

John

John,

Yes, I failed to mention that it had chicken in it. Come to think of it now, if I would have foregone the chicken and the cheese, and the DW had just the bun, it would've been only "fiddy" dollars (US):D

Prices on Grand Caymen do come with a bit of sticker shock don't they. :eek: I remember me and Mrs. Duck going for lunch - took one look at the menu and ordered the Hot Pepper Soup and that was it. :)

3 posts in less than a couple of minutes, makes me a hijacker me thinks... Sorry Shelly!

The only thing that wasn't outlandish was the Cuban Cigars at the cigar shop located in Big Black Dick's mall. But, of course, they're illegal for us in the US to buy, so I, ah, didn't of course.

3 posts in less than a couple of minutes, makes me a hijacker me thinks... Sorry Shelly!

The only thing that wasn't outlandish was the Cuban Cigars at the cigar shop located Big Black Dick's mall. But, of course, they're illegal for us in the US to buy, so I, ah, didn't of course.

Right, it was the invisable Canadian guy next to you. ;)

you know what, im sure that sounds bad too. im a jerk, im sorry. im banning myself from this thread now :(

Don't go away. You're too funny!:D

I haven't figured out that community web shots page that everyone uses. I'll have to check into it soon. I have all my pictures on a CD from Proex. It should be easy enough.

Don't go away. You're too funny!:D

I haven't figured out that community web shots page that everyone uses. I'll have to check into it soon. I have all my pictures on a CD from Proex. It should be easy enough.

Webshots is a breeze... You'll figure it out pretty quickly.

Prices on Grand Caymen do come with a bit of sticker shock don't they. :eek: I remember me and Mrs. Duck going for lunch - took one look at the menu and ordered the Hot Pepper Soup and that was it. :)

No kidding! I remember mine and hubby's $25 plate of fries/conch fritters and two sodas. WOW! The prices are listed in GC $, and they make it American $ after you order. Pretty much DOUBLE whatever it said on the menu. I learned real quick to read the fine print and go get lunch on the ship.

But they were good conch fritters!

Stef

Please can you tell me what time the self debark passengers could get off:confused:

With only 3 ports instead of 4 did you have longer than originally planned on the ones you were due to visit?

thanks

Self debark passengers started leaving around 8:00, if I remember correctly. We did not have longer port times. Belize was shorter than planned because we didn't get in until 10:00 a.m. (original itinerary called for 7:30). We also go in a little later to Caymans.

Wow! How private are the balconies ...can one

just grab the railing and go to town? ;)

Just keep your balcony light off and don't make so much noise that you pique (peek;) ) the curiosity of your neighbors.:D

so you recomend a sweater? Is it cold in all the public rooms? I have alot of sleeveless outifts, dress tops and such. Is the air conditioning blasting on this ship? We were on the Carribean Princess last Dec and I was very comfortable with the temps of the public rooms. Maybe even a little warm. I realize its hard to please everyone. I am generally cold in Restaurants. So I guess I should bring a few cover ups. Also , so your Itinerary was changed to Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios and Belize? Did you miss Costa Maya and Cozumel? I wonder what our Dec 11-18 Itinerary will be?

Archived