Miracle 10/23 review - the "War and Peace" of ship reviews

Timmys_mom

so you recomend a sweater? Is it cold in all the public rooms? I have alot of sleeveless outifts, dress tops and such. Is the air conditioning blasting on this ship? We were on the Carribean Princess last Dec and I was very comfortable with the temps of the public rooms. Maybe even a little warm. I realize its hard to please everyone. I am generally cold in Restaurants. So I guess I should bring a few cover ups.

It is not cold in all public places. I wore strapless dresses to dinner on formal night and was comfortable. I noticed it especially in the Phantom Lounge during the day. We had some rather cool weather during our cruise, so I am sure that had something to do with it, too. Better to be safe than spending $60 in the gift shop for a Carnival sweatshirt!:)

It is not cold in all public places. I wore strapless dresses to dinner on formal night and was comfortable. I noticed it especially in the Phantom Lounge during the day. We had some rather cool weather during our cruise, so I am sure that had something to do with it, too. Better to be safe than spending $60 in the gift shop for a Carnival sweatshirt!:)

Definitely bring a sweatshirt for your husband as well! My husband wound up getting sick while we were on our March Miracle cruise. I guess he had a fever 'cause he was chilled to the bone. I tried to find a sweatshirt for him in the gift shop but for 60 bucks, he had to tough it out in the cabin with a blanket wrapped around him. Afterall, it wasn't me who left his sweatshirt in the back of our SUV when he got out all the luggage.

Definitely bring a sweatshirt for your husband as well! My husband wound up getting sick while we were on our March Miracle cruise. I guess he had a fever 'cause he was chilled to the bone. I tried to find a sweatshirt for him in the gift shop but for 60 bucks, he had to tough it out in the cabin with a blanket wrapped around him. Afterall, it wasn't me who left his sweatshirt in the back of our SUV when he got out all the luggage.

That money could be better spent on a candy bar and a diet coke in the Caymans, after all.....

Ok, I'll quit my bitching now;)

Bitching is only allowed on the thread where people are complaining about people who complain about complainers.:p

Duly noted, my friend :D . On that note, did you know that Bill Gates has not one, but two penthouse condo's in the Caymans? I'll bet you $20 GCD ($247.59 US) that he doesn't complain about the COL there:p

Duly noted, my friend :D . On that note, did you know that Bill Gates has not one, but two penthouse condo's in the Caymans? I'll bet you $20 GCD ($247.59 US) that he doesn't complain about the COL there:p

Gee and I thought the only people who visited the Caymens were cruisers and couriers of cash of dubious origins. :confused:

Our cute guide, Chris, informed us that the highest elevation on Grand Cayman is 60 feet and when a cruise ship comes to town, it becomes the tallest building. Can we assume that Billy Boy's penthouse is a walkout?

It also just occured to me that we paid $55/pp USD for our Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour. How does Nativeway manage to run such a great tour for $1.35 GCD? Oh, oh. I charged it. If that was $55 GCD I'm going to have to call the bank and raise my credit limit to at least $10,000.

Listen here Pols, we are not smart asses! Now you just go back to the Anchor, or the Cove, or the Viking and have yourself a beer and a bump!

(I used to bartend at the Viking- I'm a Duluth Boy:D )

Don't say Viking and bump in the same sentence. Especially when talking about cruising. :D

Don't say Viking and bump in the same sentence. Especially when talking about cruising. :D
\

You're firing on all cylinders today, ain't cha Don:D

(But please leave our poor, undersexed, and for one- now horribly hobbled, players out of this)

Hmmm, on that note wonder what a hooker would cost in GCD's for the guys:confused: Hmmm, wonder how I got so far off-topic on Shelly's excellent review.......

Hmmm, on that note wonder what a hooker would cost in GCD's for the guys:confused: Hmmm, wonder how I got so far off-topic on Shelly's excellent review.......

I'll be the first person to have their review poofed.

To answer the question, though. Our esteemed local football legends imported their dates and paid them in the local currency. Judging from what I read about their performance and particular expertise, these girls would be Cayman millionaires.

I would also be careful about using the words "smart", "asses" and "Vikings" in the same post.

I see way back where several of you said you were huge buffet fans.

I was curious if you meant you like buffet's (A meal at which guests serve themselves from various dishes displayed on a table or sideboard) or were Parrotheads with poor spelling ? (Jimmy Buffett sang Margaritaville etc)

(Hee-Hee - sorry but I also sensed wise ass humor so I thought I'd contribute)

Thanks for the great review - we cant wait - leave next Friday (ship sails 11/13)

Ahhhh...don't want to get into football talk. Not this year:eek: !!!

Apple - Cove...gone, Viking...I have not been there, but I have heard of this drink called the Viking Mind Probe...As for the Anchor, can I get a burger while there? They are the best!!!

I was curious if you meant you like buffet's (A meal at which guests serve themselves from various dishes displayed on a table or sideboard) or were Parrotheads with poor spelling ? (Jimmy Buffett sang Margaritaville etc)

i bee a pairit hed.

October 15, 2006 - Saints and Sinners II

Not that I wouldn't enjoy your company, but I just got back from Jamaica and Grand Cayman.

Besides, this cruise seems to be cursed. First NOLA gets wiped out, then Coz. If the pattern holds, this will be a 7-day cruise to no-where. Have you warned Montego Bay and the Cayman Islands that they, too, are due to be flattened by a hurricane?

Archived