How do you find out which pier you will be stopped at in Colon?

GLCAS

More than likely it will be Cristobal Pier, which is used by cruise ships that actually enter the Canal. The one time we docked at the second Pier("Colon 2000" I think it is called), our ship never entered the Canal at all. Cristobal Pier is in the entrance to the Canal; the other dock is a couple miles (I would guess) from the Canal.

FYI -- Both ports have plenty of stores so I don't think it makes much difference if your interests are in shopping.

• 1 month later...

Probably is to late to reply this one, but It will be helpfull for someone else.

Colon 2000

Holland America, Carnival, Celebrity(only Century), Costa Allegra and Aida Aura.

Pier 6

Princess, RCCL, Celebrity (Infinity,galaxy), MSC (Lirica) and few others

Thanks for the info. Not gone yet..........we still don't know what to do in Panama. The ships tours are all around $100 and we are 4 so.........I think we will do excursions in Belize and Costa Rica instead. We are nervouse to not go with the ship in Panama. Everyone seems to say it isn't that safe and we have 2 DD's with us. They don't go unremarked.;) So shopping in the port seems to be the best option.......

Archived