Carnival Magic

treevee1985

I am interested in booking a cruise on the carnival magic. I found a cruise for August 13 2017. It's a 6 day Eastern, visiting Nassau, Amber cove and grand Turk. I did a mock booking for the lowest inside category with the past guest rate and it totaled $1529.18 without grats. My cousin who will be cruising me is saying that is to expensive. Is this a common price for this time of year and type of cruise?

That's 764 per person and yes that is high for interior with almost a year before sailing. I'm cruising on the same ship, with a group two weeks after you and paying that much for an ocean view! You should call a vacation planner and confirm that rate. They're there 24 hours a day. I tried a mock booking too and got nothing--literally.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Forums mobile app

Edited by Getaway Girl 73

I agree with the other posts that is kind of high for an interior room.It is one of the most expensive times of the year to cruise but I still think it's kind of high. Spend some time on cruisesonly .com and see what they are offering. Don't book with them just call Carnival and tell them what you found and I bet they will match it. Happy criusing.

I would say yes that is a little high. I'm not familiar with rates in August, but we booked at around that same price for an 8 day in May 2017 with a Spa interior vs a low category interior. We also did not pay much more than that for our cove balcony in December for a 7 day. (I so look forward to the day we can sail in off times....some day!)

I am interested in booking a cruise on the carnival magic. I found a cruise for August 13 2017. It's a 6 day Eastern, visiting Nassau, Amber cove and grand Turk. I did a mock booking for the lowest inside category with the past guest rate and it totaled $1529.18 without grats. My cousin who will be cruising me is saying that is to expensive. Is this a common price for this time of year and type of cruise?

For an interior yes. I have a grand suite for 4 for July and you are way over priced. Hit the Carnival site direct, and as others have said, call them direct. There are 2 bookings Early Saver or Price Guarantee. I can't remember which one BUT they offer free upgrades. Our sons started with an interior and ended up with a balcony with no additional charge. You just have to stay on top of it and do the work because they generally won't contact you.

The price will only increase.

The beginning of August is still peak season.

The Magic has new upgrades and is competing against Disney and RCL Oasis of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. The Magic rates have been high for this reason.

Edited by goofygal531

that's much too expensive for only 6 days! I take several cruises a year, and typically go Sept/Oct ... Jan/Feb and sometimes May. Basically, when kids are in school is the best time cause they are always cheaper then. I aim to pay around $90pp per day for an interior (WITH PICTURE WINDOW!) or around $120pp per day for a balcony. I reserve over a year or more in advance.

Though that would usually be high, consider the time of year. Your dates are during "high-dollar time" when demand is high (our Magic cruise last year in late July was among the most expensive we have ever taken. Cabins filled up early too; when we booked several months ahead, very few cabins were left. ) Double check your price before you book, but if possible consider waiting a couple of weeks to sail when prices drop significantly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Although I think the rate is high, I don't see that it's unreasonable for August. We are sailing Magic on an 8 day in a balcony in July and even though we booked it almost a year ago, we are paying $2600 and now the rate for the same cruise is over $3k.

I am hoping the price will go down as it gets closer to the cruise time, but I know that summer rates are a lot higher. I believe it is cheaper to sail from Miami too, but we wanted to sail from Pt Canaveral.

Edited by katiel53

that's much too expensive for only 6 days! I take several cruises a year, and typically go Sept/Oct ... Jan/Feb and sometimes May. Basically, when kids are in school is the best time cause they are always cheaper then. I aim to pay around $90pp per day for an interior (WITH PICTURE WINDOW!) or around $120pp per day for a balcony. I reserve over a year or more in advance.

No wonder why Carnival is a bare bones cruise line. $90/day for a room with an ocean view, 3 meals and snacks, entertainment, and transport to beautiful islands. Sure seems cheap to me

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone know a shuttle service from hotel to cruise port that won't break the bank

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Most hotels offer it for a fee, but if yours does not, try Cocoa Beach Shuttle. I am using them for a group in January.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I have to go during the summer because I have four young children. My mother works for the school systems and will watch them for me during her summer break. Is it possible that I could get a cheaper rate if I wait for Summer 2018 cruises to come out and book early, that I will get a better rate?

DH and I have a porthole cabin on Magic for mid-September, 8-day eastern, and it's only $1300 with all included. So, yes, your prices seem high.

You are comparing mid August rates to mid September rates, there is no comparison.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I have to go during the summer because I have four young children. My mother works for the school systems and will watch them for me during her summer break. Is it possible that I could get a cheaper rate if I wait for Summer 2018 cruises to come out and book early, that I will get a better rate?

You may get a little cheaper rate if you book as soon as rates come out. I took my grandsons on a cruise in early July 2011 and paid $700+ per person for an inside cabin, so your rates aren't too much higher than I paid 5 years ago.

Yes, I know I'm going in September and she was looking at August - since it was discussed if it would be less expensive to sail in September...that's why I put in my 2 cents so show a basis of comparison of waiting a few weeks.