Has anyone been moved because they had 2 in a 4 person cabin?

Emmabelle

I just booked a cruise for 1/22 on the Valor and I needed connecting cabins. The website gave me the options and I booked 2 connecting OV on main deck.

Then I looked at the deck plans for the Valor and realized those two cabins are able to sleep 4 and we only have 2 per cabin.

Has anyone ever been moved?

I just booked a cruise for 1/22 on the Valor and I needed connecting cabins. The website gave me the options and I booked 2 connecting OV on main deck.

Then I looked at the deck plans for the Valor and realized those two cabins are able to sleep 4 and we only have 2 per cabin.

Happens all the time and many times right before the cruise.

I read about it all the time here on CC. And as Elaine above posted often just before the sail date. You might want to call carnival and ask their assistance in finding accommodations that will ensure you will remain in connecting staterooms. When you were booking online did you not see in red letters the disclaimer about capacity of staterooms?

We haven't experienced that problem. We have booked staterooms that accommodate up to 5 people even though only my wife and I cruise.

You may want to call Carnival soon and present your concerns. This will give you time to make other arrangements if it is necessary.

Edited by JimAOk1945

I wasn't sitting there when you booked so I can't say what did or didn't come up on your screen. Glitches happen all the time and we humans overlook things just as often.

I can tell you every time I have mock booked a stateroom that holds more than two people it has the disclaimer. My most recent was when I was mock booking a stateroom for 3 people that held 3 people. It clearly stated if the number booked changed Carnival could move me.

Again I urge you to call Carnival ASAP to allow you to make changes now while there is still staterooms available with the specifications you need.

I wasn't sitting there when you booked so I can't say what did or didn't come up on your screen. Glitches happen all the time and we humans overlook things just as often.

I can tell you every time I have mock booked a stateroom that holds more than two people it has the disclaimer. My most recent was when I was mock booking a stateroom for 3 people that held 3 people. It clearly stated if the number booked changed Carnival could move me.

Again I urge you to call Carnival ASAP to allow you to make changes now while there is still staterooms available with the specifications you need.

I will call them. :)

I just did a mock booking with 2 people in a cabin that can accommodate 4 and went all the way up to putting in my credit card info. The only thing I can see is a highlighted "cruise ticket contract" phrase that I should have clicked on and read and I didn't.

Now to find two connecting cabins that can't sleep 3 or 4. ;)

I actually had called Carnival before booking it online myself. I talked to a rep who had offered me the same cabins that I ended up booking, but I needed to talk to my husband before booking so I told the rep I would call back.

Apparently her system is allowing 2 people to book a 4 person cabin and she was unaware that it could be a problem because she never said you could be moved. :rolleyes:

The only thing I can see is a highlighted "cruise ticket contract" phrase that I should have clicked on and read and I didn't.

Interesting indeed what can be learned by checking out the highlighted cruise ticket contract.

Clause 7 (g) of the contract we all agree to, is provided below.

The devil is always in the details

(g) Specific stateroom assignments are not guaranteed. Carnival reserves the right to move Guests to a comparable stateroom for any reason, including but not limited to, instances in which the stateroom is booked with fewer than the maximum number of Guests the stateroom can accommodate; or when a partial Guest cancellation occurs and the remaining number of Guests do not match the maximum number of Guests the stateroom can accommodate.

Edited by WpgCruise

Yes. On the Legend on an exotic western in 2004. We were moved without our knowledge from a balcony cabin on deck 7 mid ship to an aft balcony on deck 8 under the Lido buffet. We did not know until we checked in and I was pissed. It was so noisy that we did not sleep for 8 nights. I'm more careful now.

I go solo and have never seen the disclaimer.

I called and got a really nice rep, she moved my cabins to ones made for two people so I'm excited and relieved. ;)

I am so glad you were able to get this worked out. I hope you have a wonderful sailing and make life long memories.

Yes it can happen but why pick a room for 4 with only 2 people.

In my case, my husband and I will be going alone and we were able to book a Scenic Grand Ocean View (6K). Even though it can accommodate 4, we really wanted to book it since it's so unique and has some amazing looking views. So excited and would be crushed if we were moved.

You don't have to worry about being bumped out of a suite. Yes they will accommodate more people but that's just do to the larger space once you book a suite unless you take an upsell you will stay there. It's the regular rooms you have to worry about being bumped from.

You don't have to worry about being bumped out of a suite. Yes they will accommodate more people but that's just do to the larger space once you book a suite unless you take an upsell you will stay there. It's the regular rooms you have to worry about being bumped from.

Mine isn't a suite but I don't know that I'd call it a 'regular room' either. Haha...I'm not real sure what to expect but really hoping we don't get bumped.

I didn't know they were four people cabins because it doesn't say anything on the page where you pick the cabins. The available cabins are only highlighted in green.

It was hours afterwards, on a totally different website, that I noticed the black square in each cabin that I had chosen. Black square meaning the cabin can sleep four. I think Carnival should add the cabin legend to their site when you are in the booking process.

We were two booked in an inside for 4. Two weeks before he cruise they called and asked if we wanted an upsell to a baloncy for $400 more total since we were 2 in and inside for 4. They would have better luck selling our inside for 4 people than the balcony for 4 people. We declined since it was too much for us at the time. Four days before the cruise she called us again with an upsell to a balcony That still holds 4 people but this time for $200, for the same reason as before, they would have an easier time selling the inside for 4 over the balcony for 4. So we took it. We weren't forced, but I guess we could have been.

I didn't know they were four people cabins because it doesn't say anything on the page where you pick the cabins. The available cabins are only highlighted in green.

It was hours afterwards, on a totally different website, that I noticed the black square in each cabin that I had chosen. Black square meaning the cabin can sleep four. I think Carnival should add the cabin legend to their site when you are in the booking process.

I was not aware of how to find this either until I stumbled across it the other day. I actually realized it had been in front of me the whole time. When you are picking your room (the little green box), if you watch the little picture next the the layout map, it will change and actually tell you what that room holds. It is very subtle and can VERY easily be missed. I had been doing mock bookings for months before I realized something was happening to that little picture when I clicked on the different rooms. It really should be more prominent.

I am so glad you were able to get it resolved before your cruise. Have a great time!

We booked through a Carnival rep on the phone to make sure we got a good room for our 25th anniversary. She said we would really like this room because it was made for 4 but we could get it for a 2 price. She never mentioned that we could be moved, but I noticed it in the contract later. We spent a lot of time on the phone with her picking a quiet location. It would really stink to get moved to a lousy cabin so they could sell more tickets 😕. We haven't been called to be offered an upgrade yet.... 16 days out. Any suggestions?

We booked through a Carnival rep on the phone to make sure we got a good room for our 25th anniversary. She said we would really like this room because it was made for 4 but we could get it for a 2 price. She never mentioned that we could be moved, but I noticed it in the contract later. We spent a lot of time on the phone with her picking a quiet location. It would really stink to get moved to a lousy cabin so they could sell more tickets 😕. We haven't been called to be offered an upgrade yet.... 16 days out. Any suggestions?

at this point I doubt there are many rooms left. you should probably just hold your breath at this point and pray it works out ok

My son and I booked a cabin online for the 2 of us a few years ago. It turned out to be a cabin for 4. But it was the only cabin available in that category and it was 11 months until the sailing. We held our breath thinking we might get moved but we didn't. It was for a PT room in November (not Thanksgiving). The closer to sailing or during low seasons you have a better chance of not being moved. In fact during high demand times you aren't even allowed to book a cabin that holds more people than you have sailing.