Adding a 2nd person to a booking

Siora7777

Recently I booked my 1st celebrity cruise for April 2017. I found a really great price but was unsure I would be able to find someone else to come along. So I was charged 200% plus one charge of port fees and taxes.

I did find a friend who said she thinks she will be able to come along but when I go to try and add her to my booking my price doesn't just add the 2nd fees and port charges but actually reprises my whole booking at the current prices.

Is that normal? It seems unfair to not honor the original price that I already have booked that already is charging the 200% supplement. It almost seems like it completely canceling out my booking and giving me new terms.

I've been on Royal Caribbean a couple times and they've always just added the port charges and fees to the booking. I've also sailed norwegian a few times but they discount for solo cruisers so to add someone else there is a price increase. But in this situation there was no discount for a solo cruiser.

I've called and the agents just quote me the current prices.

Has anyone tried to add a 2nd person after booking?

I do not know what type of perks you have but one option would be to cancel and rebook with your friend. If you have perks you may lose them but your cruise is a while away yet so that maybe a option. Hope everything gets worked out and have a great cruise!!!

Edited by eastsider57

Right. But the question is about being able to keep the original price and just add the fees and port charges. I know I can rebook or even add but why not be able to keep my original terms instead of repricing at today's prices. I'm already booked, I should be locked in to the price I booked.

That's why I use a travel agent. I've done this before, added myself to my sister's existing booking. Not a problem, no price increase. But my TA knows what she's doing. Unlike some Celebrity reps. If you cancel and rebook, you will definitely be charged the current rate, which sounds like it is higher than what you booked at. Just keep escalating it at Celebrity until you get somebody who knows what he/she is doing.

Right. But the question is about being able to keep the original price and just add the fees and port charges. I know I can rebook or even add but why not be able to keep my original terms instead of repricing at today's prices. I'm already booked, I should be locked in to the price I booked.

The problem is you should have booked as if two were sailing with the second guest TBD (to be determined). You only deposited for one person and when you try to add another you are creating a new booking. They may or may not help you but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. You may have to bite the bullet and rebook.

Edited by Ma Bell

The problem is you should have booked as if two were sailing with the second guest TBD (to be determined). You only deposited for one person and when you try to add another you are creating a new booking. They may or may not help you but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. You may have to bite the bullet and rebook.

Celebrity told me today if I add someone or take someone off my cruise it is repriced at today's rate. Which means my great rate I booked would be gone if nobody came along if I booked for two. I'm not even sure if she can go yet and more then likely won't now with the price increase. It's so disappointing. That doesn't seem right either way. I'm not really sure if I like how Celebrity does business. I didn't realize I should be booking two bookings, one with just me and one with me and a TBD. That seems crazy.

Edited by Siora7777

Celebrity told me today if I add someone or take someone off my cruise it is repriced at today's rate. Which means my great rate I booked would be gone if nobody came along if I booked for two. I'm not even sure if she can go yet and more then likely won't now with the price increase. It's so disappointing. That doesn't seem right either way. I'm not really sure if I like how Celebrity does business. I didn't realize I should be booking two bookings, one with just me and one with me and a TBD. That seems crazy.

No, you just book the one TBD and if no one comes they refund any extra port charges and taxes. They leave the rate the same if no one comes. It would be repriced if you didn't book the TBD. I think you may have misunderstood or you had an inexperienced person on the phone.

Edited by Ma Bell

I have added a second person twice the last time only a few weeks ago. The only additions to the price were the on board service charge and port taxes for the second person. The first time I did this the Celebrity agent tried to tell me I had to change to the current price as my original price was discounted for one person. I knew this to be untrue and had to get hold of someone in the Sydney office ( I am from this part of the World) to get it sorted out. The last time there was no problem.

I have added a second person twice the last time only a few weeks ago. The only additions to the price were the on board service charge and port taxes for the second person. The first time I did this the Celebrity agent tried to tell me I had to change to the current price as my original price was discounted for one person. I knew this to be untrue and had to get hold of someone in the :Sydney office ( I am from this part of the World) to get it sorted out. The last time there was no problem.

Thanks. I'll just have to call again then. Just like some of the others suggested.

My sister often travels with us in her own cabin. In May, my sister in law decided to join the trip and share the cabin with my sister. This was more than a year after the original booking when they were doing the 1,2,3 Go promotion. There was no problem adding her and getting the full perks at the original price. We use a TA and he handled it all.

Update - I called again today and pretty much was told once again it would reprice. Finally after a lengthy conversation she was able to find someone who would honor the original price. I took her name down incase I need to remove it. That was not encouraging or pleasant. That was my 4th or 5th person I spoke with who finally adjusted it correctly.

Thanks everyone.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. I'll just have to call again then. Just like some of the others suggested.

Siora, I always book solo traveller. And in half the cases, I add a second person before final payment. I never have to rebook, and never am repriced. They (X) merely take the deposit for the second person, and add the port fees/taxes for the 2nd person. If you cannot get someone to do this for you, ask for Resolutions.