Oasis Izumi Hibachi question

Just off Oasis last Saturday. We did the 5 meal dining package.

There is no credit for any of the a la carte restaurants: Sabor, Izumi (sushi), and Vintages are all paid out of pocket. Izumi teppanyaki is covered fully as one of your five meals. You have to call to make an Izumi teppanyaki reservation: they won't let you do it through the TV.

We did the teppanyaki and had a great meal, both higher quality and much tastier than NCL's teppanyaki. That said, the sushi prices were INSANE for a cruise ship... many of the rolls were in the $13-15 range.

WOW, good to know. We really enjoy Teppanyaki on NCL. And Wasabi too. Noticed no Poke on the Izumi menu though....can't wait to try it though!

Bob,

I was just also on oasis, and you could definitely also use the dining package at the ala carte restaurants if desired as well. You got a $30 pp credit to use.

Thanks, I appreciate the confirmation.:)

That said, the sushi prices were INSANE for a cruise ship... many of the rolls were in the $13-15 range.

Depending on roll and size, that's about what I pay normally. I mean, a California roll is probably closer to $8-$10, but 8pc specialty rolls usually cost around $12-$18, depending on what all they have.

Bob,

I was just also on oasis, and you could definitely also use the dining package at the ala carte restaurants if desired as well. You got a $30 pp credit to use.

I think they may have just changed this in the last week or so, along with Starbucks/beverage package removal? I was sure I had read about both prior to departure, but guest services was a decisive answer on both. Our Sabor visit was $29 on the first sea day, which is why we flagged it immediately.

Izumi hibachi is not an ala carte restaurant so I'm assuming it would work yes.

Having been on over 100 RCCL cruises we have learned that in many areas including restaurants, the only consistency is inconsistency. Not only is this true between ships, but we have been on back to backs where a change in executive staff evoked changes. We enjoy Sabor and on many ships it is a price fixed dining option yet on our recent Back to Back on Allure it was ala carte and they refused to even consider the BOGO . We spoke with others onboard with us who said that on prior Allure sailings, the BOGO was applied. My advice, when on the ship go to the restaurant and speak with the manager.

• 3 weeks later...