Should I book air now or....

megessey

American Airlines rate from Chicago to Miami for April 8 is $298 (base). Not non-stop but times are pretty good. And its the lowest fare I've found so far.

Question is, do you think the rates will go any lower before the end of the year? Is there a better time of year to buy tickets? They are for a holiday period so I worry that they'll only go up in price from now on. Any advice?

Thanks in advance! :)

Crista

We're leaving here and going to Tampa on NYE and coming back a week later. We booked fares at about 350 dollars. The same flights now cost 625 dollars. They just recently went up that high. I'd book now, since it will be spring break time.

If you do book now, be sure to watch your schedules. This far out, they will certainly be changed. A trip we had booked for March to New York had been changed three times in about two months - the last change was so significant that we chose to cancel and got a full refund.

we booked last night for Feb 11th for $220 from DTW to FLL with connections in Chicago. When I talked to Rep at American Airlines this morning she was shocked at what a great rate we got due to it being president's day week on our return flight. I would say book it since it is holiday weekend. While talking to the rep today, she said if for some reason the rate went down (unlikely) more than the change fare fee to call back and they would credit.

Archived