Help with Princess Visa Points

destiny217

My five year date is almost here and my plans to cruise this month just did not happen. Hopefully, March 2017 will be ok.

I want to redeem points before I start to lose them. Called Princess redemption to ask about redeeming without a booked cruise. The answer was a little confusing, so I am looking for further clarification.

She said I could not redeem online since I did not have a booked cruise but to call back and they would apply the cruise discount to my Visa to be used as payment on my credit card. So, if I choose to redeem 40,000 points, they would give a credit of $500.

Does the $500 credit go only toward a cruise or for any of my purchases? And if my Visa balance is less than the $500, will the remaining balance roll over to the next month?

Thanks!

Edited by destiny217

I don't think it will be any different if you don't have a cruise booked (as long as they let you cash in), every time I've turned in points it just appears as a regular credit on my CC statement. Jutstturned in 60,000 points and a $750 credit appeared on my account with 48 hours. On the same bill is the final payment for my Dec cruise so it sure helps :)

If your balance is less than the credit (sure must be nice!) I would be pretty confident it would just roll into the next period.

My five year date is almost here and my plans to cruise this month just did not happen. Hopefully, March 2017 will be ok.

I want to redeem points before I start to lose them. Called Princess redemption to ask about redeeming without a booked cruise. The answer was a little confusing, so I am looking for further clarification.

She said I could not redeem online since I did not have a booked cruise but to call back and they would apply the cruise discount to my Visa to be used as payment on my credit card. So, if I choose to redeem 40,000 points, they would give a credit of $500.

Does the $500 credit go only toward a cruise or for any of my purchases? And if my Visa balance is less than the $500, will the remaining balance roll over to the next month?

Thanks!

I was coming up on 5 years of points and called Barclay to see if they would begin expiring some of the points off.I was told that I was a good customer who uses the card often and that they would never take points away without notifying me.I called back a month later and got the same response.I went almost 7 years before redeeming the points.You may want to give them a call.

Effective 11/9/16 there will be changes made to the Princess Visa redemption policies which are so confusing there's a lengthy thread trying to figure out what to expect beginning on that date.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2407334

With the new rules, points do not expire as long as there is some chargecard activity within 7 billing cycles.

It apparently also requires a Princess purchase be made within 180 days to receive a chargecard credit against the balance. There are also changes to the redemption values which may be better for some people.

After 11/9/16 the policy isn't clear & I called Barclay for clarification however their agents didn't even have the letter with the confusing explanation of the changes. Thus they couldn't explain the changes because they had not been given the details & they're searching for the information saying they'd call me back but nothing yet.

Edited by Astro Flyer