Escape 9/23 (brief notes)

jcathers1

My wife and I and our two daughters (10 and 6) just got off the 9/23 Escape sailing, and we had a great time. A few notes:

Margaritaville is free for lunch for Haven guests on the first day, and Food Republic is half price for dinner. This was a great way to hit both of these places and save some money. Margaritaville was good (and surprisingly busy), and Food Republic was amazing (and completely empty besides us).

We did the ropes course several times, and my kids loved it. We used a GoPro with a body harness, and the video turned out amazing.

Although the main pool is adults only during the day, after 5:00p it is open for families. They showed the Thursday night NFL game (go Bengals), and my kids and I played in the pool together for three hours. In that time, there were maybe 5 other people who ventured in and out. We basically had the whole pool to ourselves. We spent most our time in the Haven pool, but for those looking for extra pool time when it's not too busy, this is a good option.

My daughter turned 10 while on board, and our butler decorated the room and brought her some cakes and cupcakes. She definitely felt like a princess for the day. During the Howl at the Moon performance, one of the performers (Rhonda) called her up and let her sit next to her at the piano while she sang her a song. It was really special.

My wife and I have traveled throughout the Caribbean, and we thought that the USVI and the BVI were two of the most beautiful places we have been, filled with great locals.

The weather was absolutely beautiful, and ship movement was almost non-existent. (That goes to show how hit-and-miss it can be this time of year, based on what's happening this week).

Service at Cagney's was extremely slow and inattentive. We actually had others around us complaining to the manager throughout our dinner about their service. This was our same experience on the GA in March, by the way. I have no explanation for why this would be.

She ship is beautiful and we loved the design. With the exception of the main pool deck on sea days (where we didn't spend any time), the ship ever really felt crowded. Quite the opposite. At various times, we walked right on with no lines to the ropes course, putt-putt, and water slides, etc.

Overall, we had a wonderful time, and would certainly consider NCL again. If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife and I and our two daughters (10 and 6) just got off the 9/23 Escape sailing, and we had a great time. A few notes:

Margaritaville is free for lunch for Haven guests on the first day, and Food Republic is half price for dinner. This was a great way to hit both of these places and save some money. Margaritaville was good (and surprisingly busy), and Food Republic was amazing (and completely empty besides us).

We did the ropes course several times, and my kids loved it. We used a GoPro with a body harness, and the video turned out amazing.

Although the main pool is adults only during the day, after 5:00p it is open for families. They showed the Thursday night NFL game (go Bengals), and my kids and I played in the pool together for three hours. In that time, there were maybe 5 other people who ventured in and out. We basically had the whole pool to ourselves. We spent most our time in the Haven pool, but for those looking for extra pool time when it's not too busy, this is a good option.

My daughter turned 10 while on board, and our butler decorated the room and brought her some cakes and cupcakes. She definitely felt like a princess for the day. During the Howl at the Moon performance, one of the performers (Rhonda) called her up and let her sit next to her at the piano while she sang her a song. It was really special.

My wife and I have traveled throughout the Caribbean, and we thought that the USVI and the BVI were two of the most beautiful places we have been, filled with great locals.

The weather was absolutely beautiful, and ship movement was almost non-existent. (That goes to show how hit-and-miss it can be this time of year, based on what's happening this week).

Service at Cagney's was extremely slow and inattentive. We actually had others around us complaining to the manager throughout our dinner about their service. This was our same experience on the GA in March, by the way. I have no explanation for why this would be.

She ship is beautiful and we loved the design. With the exception of the main pool deck on sea days (where we didn't spend any time), the ship ever really felt crowded. Quite the opposite. At various times, we walked right on with no lines to the ropes course, putt-putt, and water slides, etc.

Overall, we had a wonderful time, and would certainly consider NCL again. If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Was FR 1/2 price just the first night or the entire trip - saw it mentioned in one other review just first night?

Edited by dexddd

We are cruising on the Escape with kids in the Haven in January. Pleased to hear about the main pool after 5pm. We plan to use the Haven pool the rest of the time but having the option to go to the main pool after 5pm sounds awesome!

We are cruising on the Escape with kids in the Haven in January. Pleased to hear about the main pool after 5pm. We plan to use the Haven pool the rest of the time but having the option to go to the main pool after 5pm sounds awesome!

They treated our kids amazingly. There were very other few kids in the Haven, and we certainly made sure they acted respectfully, but they virtually had their run of the place. You'll love it.

They treated our kids amazingly. There were very other few kids in the Haven, and we certainly made sure they acted respectfully, but they virtually had their run of the place. You'll love it.

We are very much looking forward to it. We'll have my daughter (8) and two twin boys (7) with our group in the Haven. There are other kids coming too so the option for them to all play together in the main pool after 5pm is just awesome. The family pool looks just scary with the lack of seating around it for parents.