Chef's Table on the Magic

BigAlexC

Hello All!

We are confirmed for the Chef's Table on our Magic cruise in November. Does anyone know where it is held on the Magic. I know it varies from ship to ship. On the Sensation we were in the Library. On the Liberty we were in a private dining room just off of the main floor.

TIA!

We did the Chef's Table on the Magic in September, and it is held in the Galley. The food was great, but the venue was lacking. The galley was so loud that you could not hear the presentation of the dishes. One couple stormed out and refused to stay. The Executive Chef left the evening to his Sous Chef, I guess we weren't important enough for his time. The food was great, but the galley is not the place to have it.

We have done two CT with both in the galley. We like the venue and a chance to see all the activity. The food has been outstanding. But I found the wine choice to be lacking. The first time on the Dream they did a pairing, which was excellent. This last time on the Magic it was one wine (red or white) for the entire meal.

We have also done CT on Oasis, which was held in a secluded corner of the Coastal Kitchen (suite pax only venue). The food again was outstanding and the wine pairings fantastic.

Presentations and food at all our CT have been well worth it.

We just did it on the Pride and we had champagne, as well as one red and one white wine - no pairings. It was held in the disco of all places - but it was nice because it was very quiet - just the 12 of us. We were in the galley earlier for appetizers - but not for the main meal.

We did on Breeze in the galley and it was great. It's a lot more informal than on Oasis. It was fun we moved around and had passed apps and got to make the melting cake and see how they prepared things. We got a fun mini tour of the galley and got to see the organized chaos that goes in in dinner. Yes the wine was just average, no caymus here, but you could have as much as you liked. It seems like maybe magic is similar. As far as the executive chef doing it, I've done about 6 on various lines and have never had the executive chef. We have always had a sous chef which is quite a prestigious position on a cruise line.

Hello All!

We are confirmed for the Chef's Table on our Magic cruise in November. Does anyone know where it is held on the Magic. I know it varies from ship to ship. On the Sensation we were in the Library. On the Liberty we were in a private dining room just off of the main floor.

TIA!

We are also confirmed for the Chef's Table on the Magic and from your sig, it looks like we will be on the same sailing. We are looking forward to it as we have never done a CT experience.

We did ours on the Magic in early September...the executive chef was great he explained all the dishes. We had a lesson in making chocolate melting cake & a mini magic show. It was in a quiet part of the galley so the kitchen noise did not distract from the experience. Not for picky or fussy eaters...lots of food so go hungry!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have done the carnival chefs table 2x already and signed up for it again on my next cruise in December. It is easily the best dinner that a cruise ship can offer. I hope the magic has the new menu when i get on. I'm ready for something new! Have fun and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are also confirmed for the Chef's Table on the Magic and from your sig, it looks like we will be on the same sailing. We are looking forward to it as we have never done a CT experience.

Looking forward to it! This will be our 3rd CT and the previous two were absolutely fantastic. True, no wine pairings. Just red or white with champagne to start. But the food was excellent in every way. Plus, my Wife, has seafood allergies and they prepared special courses for her in lieu of the seafood offerings served to the rest of the group.

We did the Chef's Table on the Magic in September, and it is held in the Galley. The food was great, but the venue was lacking. The galley was so loud that you could not hear the presentation of the dishes.

I have to agree here! The "Galley", a great venue for some events, is not the place for a dining experience of this caliber!

One couple stormed out and refused to stay. The Executive Chef left the evening to his Sous Chef, I guess we weren't important enough for his time. The food was great, but the galley is not the place to have it.

Our experience was a very loud one! The Chef/Sous/Chef, was very much trying to overcome the noise but it was so loud, he had to "Yell" at both ends of the table! By the time he got to both ends, the course was over!!:confused:

IMHO.....:cool:

The CHEF'S TABLE...on any ship that has the event in the galley, IS NOT, the same experience, as those held in quiet venues. Libraries, Conf. Rooms for private events, etc..ect..

If you do experience a CT in a Galley, be sure to try it again in a quieter room.!:)

Hello All!

TIA!

I do not know where it is held BUT John Heald (I will add the FB link) was just talking about a menu change for the Capt table for the dream line which includes the Magic It's a "live feed" from today

https://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald

On the Splendor we started out with champagne and five courses in the Galley. Then we were taken to a private dining room where the rest of the courses were served, along with both white and red wines. It was an awesome experience. You must make sure you come hungry:)